PC Died during Restore--please help

Software Problems

chrisA is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PC Died during Restore--please help
Computer Specs:
HP Pavilion Dv7 1135nr
Vista home premium (licensed and legitimate- don't have disks though, would need to order them through HP)
AMD Turion X2 Dual core
4096 MB memory
BIOS Version F.21

Hi Everyone,
First time poster here, please be gentle :P

Short Version:
During a System restore my HP laptop died (shut itself down due to separate power issue I have)...now when I try to boot normally it just restarts and when I try the windows recovery I get the BSOD with stop: 0x0000c1F5 error. My preference would be to get my system started again or as a last resort possibly even do a System Recovery or even fresh install.

Long Version:
I was having some power issues where my laptop was intermittently "plugged in, not charging" and would periodically just drain out the batter while plugged in a shut down on me. Although I figured it to be a hardware (power brick) issue, I saw, in some instances that it could be a problem with one of the Vista updates so I figured I'd do a system restore back before Service pack 2. The way I saw it, it really wouldn't cost me anything but the time to do it. The power issues did start since then so it kind of made sense to try it. Well as you can see the cards were in the table and fate was staring down on me. Sure enough, the computer shut down on me during the restore as windows was "updating the registry". Now when I attempt a standard load of Vista It goes to the Windows Error Recovery screen. I select Launch startup repair and get the stop:0x0000c1F5 error. When attempting the Start Windows normally it just reboots and brings me back to the Windows Error Recovery Screen again. I attempted safe mode (as well as every other option) on the Advanced Boot Options Screen to no avail (either a restart or the BSOD resulted). Now I do NOT have any files on the computer that I couldn't part with so I would be fine with a fresh install of a "Recovery" so I attempted to do the system recovery option that HP supplies with their laptops..problem is, back in the day I installed Ubuntu (which works fine by the way) and upon hitting f11 to access the HP "System Recovery" it just jumps right to Grub.

I feel like I have tried everything I can think of and have reached the end of my technical abilities.
Is there anything I can do to get this thing running again?
What could I do to get the "HP System Recovery" to work? Unistall Grub maybe? Not sure how to do that either.."Googled" (hate using that term for some reason) and didn't find anything all that helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help you provide.