Need help with program files (x86)

Software Problems

Kingsword9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help with program files (x86)
I have a 64-bit windows and i have been playing Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion on it for the past couple of weeks. Rome is installed into the Program files (x86). I am trying to change a word document on notepad in one of the data files to unlock certain parts of the game however when i change the document and attempt to save it, i get a pop-up saying:

Cannot Create the C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome
- Total
War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion \descr_strat.text
file

Make sure that path and file name are correct,

I tried going to save as and selecting the file name and saving, but it gives me the same message. How can i edit this file and then save it in the folder?
Any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind that I'm not that computer savvy, i know a little bit about computers but a fairly basic explanation would help as i am not familiar with most technical terms. Thank you.

richardbrowny is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need help with program files (x86)
To my knowledge, it is not possible to convert a programme file into a notepad. If we try to do that, it might effect our operating system. Hope this helps.
wall electric panel heaters

Kingsword9 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need help with program files (x86)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbrowny View Post
To my knowledge, it is not possible to convert a programme file into a notepad. If we try to do that, it might effect our operating system. Hope this helps.
No, see i'm changing a text document. It's simply a document showing which factions are playable in the game and which ones aren't. On all the sites i see it tells me to copy the names of factions that aren't playable, and paste them into the playable section and i will be able to play them in game. But when i try to save the document, it gives me the warning i posted above. However on all the sites i see, it says my game directory should be in program files, but since my system is 64-bit, and the game is 32-bit, it installed to the program files (x86) folder. I am wondering why the computer won't let me save the files that i have changed and if there is a program or a way that lets me save these changes.