hi, our website is a video content that is protected with DRM. we have a subscriber that is having a problem in downloading the license. our subscriber is an old one. recently she updated her operating system to vista. and she was able to download the license. but when her license expired and subscribe again, she wasn't able to download the license. at first when she is playing a drm protected video, she gets a garbled notification window. so we instructed her to delete the drm by following these steps:
1. Go into tools on explorer and click on show hidden files and also uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
2. click start and type regedit
3. under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\DRM click Data Path, Check the folder location of the DRM on the most right portion of the window.
4. Go to the location of the specified path and delete the DRM folder.
5. Go to this site and click on upgrade Security component upgrade
6. Try to play the test video
Our test video is drm protected. When the subsriber went to the site, the upgrade is greyish. and when she tried to play the test video an error occured when wmp was trying to play the video. The error says: "A windows media digital rights management (DRM) component encountered a problem. If you are trying to use a file that you obtained from an online store, try going to the online and getting the appropriate usage rights." When web help is clicked the error Code is C00D11E2. in the web help, the suggestion is to reset the drm, but we can't reset the drm since we already deleted the drm folder. How can we solve this problem? thank you so much.