IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11

Software Problems

drmark27 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Often when I open Windows Media Player, I'll get the error IE Script Error (see attached file). I've been told that my Media Player is corrupt and might be interfering with another application I run that has been crashing lately. Therefore, he suggested I unintall it and download a new one. However, Media Player seems to be inextricable from Vista. Does anyone have another solution?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WindowsMediaPlayerError.jpg (25.0 KB, 1 views)

renocat is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark27 View Post
Often when I open Windows Media Player, I'll get the error IE Script Error (see attached file). I've been told that my Media Player is corrupt and might be interfering with another application I run that has been crashing lately. Therefore, he suggested I unintall it and download a new one. However, Media Player seems to be inextricable from Vista. Does anyone have another solution?
I've got the same problem. Exact, same error, refereing to the same URl. We can not be the only ones ,drmark. I'm surfing for an answer, in the mean time,
would somebody please respond to this?? If I find the answer, I'll be back.

renocat is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark27 View Post
Often when I open Windows Media Player, I'll get the error IE Script Error (see attached file). I've been told that my Media Player is corrupt and might be interfering with another application I run that has been crashing lately. Therefore, he suggested I unintall it and download a new one. However, Media Player seems to be inextricable from Vista. Does anyone have another solution?
What should you do about Internet Explorer script errors?
For now I just disabled script debugging, as per the above link. That solved that problem. Note, that after doing so, my browser crashed 4 times, trying to come back HERE and post this reply. There is something obviously wrong with the script function, in the IE version installed on this system. I've checked for updates in both WMP, windows updates, and IE. None available.

bernardcraig20@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmark27 View Post
Often when I open Windows Media Player, I'll get the error IE Script Error (see attached file). I've been told that my Media Player is corrupt and might be interfering with another application I run that has been crashing lately. Therefore, he suggested I unintall it and download a new one. However, Media Player seems to be inextricable from Vista. Does anyone have another solution?

Thanks for the post!
__________________
Regards,
Gold Coins

debrah.h48 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Can we try it in Google chrome?
__________________
Embedded software development

olivia751 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: IE Script Error in Windows Media Player 11
Hello,

I also face the same problem with my media player and searching the solution for a long time. Thanks for the answer.

Regards,
Olivia
Disaster recovery UK