(BootMGR is compressed) Plus a list of problems on my Laptop

Software Problems

Kiro-Zero is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(BootMGR is compressed) Plus a list of problems on my Laptop
Heya, this is my first official post on this forum (Apart from my introduction) and i would appreciate it if anyone can help me out with this problem or problems.

A few months back i upgraded my Laptop from Windows Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate (Using an illegal download on a burn DVD-R) if i knew how stupid i was being back then i would of saved myself alot of trouble. After the installation my Laptop kept doing weird things during it's boot up.

When it goes to the Microsoft logo during the boot-up and the load bar mine doesn't appear, i'd just get a weird background and then my screen would flicker for about 30 seconds and then go onto the welcome screen, this has been getting worse over the past few months.

My next problem, because of that installtion of Ultimate my hard drive lost a fair bit of memory because i saved my old operating system on there which i deleted later on, so i clicked on my C drives properties and noticed that i could compress that whole drive, because i didn't know what it did i ticked it and carried on with what i was doing.

I just booted up my Laptop this morning and i got a message saying
BOOTMRG is compressed Press CTRL + ALT + Del to restart which i did and then the same screen saying the message came up again.

At the moment, i'm panicking because i have to hand in my coursework tomorrow which is on my laptops hard drive, does anyone know a way to fix either of this problems that would be a great sigh of releif.

Stats for my Laptop if anyone wants them.
Toshiba Satellite L300D - 13S
AMD Turion dual core 64
2048 RAM, 800MHZ + 1024MB (Reading this from its box)
160 GB Hard Drive
Windows Vista Ultimate 32-Bit (Which i installed using a burnt DVD-r)
I would like to add that i don't have the DVD-R anymore that i used for Windows Vista Ultimate.
If you need to know anymore just ask.
Thank you.

Last edited by Kiro-Zero : 03-01-2009 at 15:01.