Problems with installing software for HP Printer

Software Problems

Sam Si is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problems with installing software for HP Printer
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to windows vista and have recently purchased a HP deskjet printer. I cannot install the software onto my laptop for which windows vista is the operating service as it keeps coming back with the error 'Access is Denied'. I've been in touch with HP and have tried every method of installing the software, there appears to be nothing wrong with my account settings and it is just an issue with windows vista, has anyone else come across this problem? if yes i would appreciate the help very much, i have managed to print anything since i bought this printer, over 3 weeks ago!

safsurfer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Problems with installing software for HP Printer
do you have any anti virus software running??? do you have administrator privelages? why didnt the printer just install itself in vista? I have three printers all usb and as soon as I connected them to vista ultimate they installed themselves, I didn't have to load any drivers or anything for them? sorry for not having more to go with. if you have more info to add let us know.

Sam Si is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problems with installing software for HP Printer
Quote:
Originally Posted by safsurfer View Post
do you have any anti virus software running??? do you have administrator privelages? why didnt the printer just install itself in vista? I have three printers all usb and as soon as I connected them to vista ultimate they installed themselves, I didn't have to load any drivers or anything for them? sorry for not having more to go with. if you have more info to add let us know.
Hi,

I do have administrator priviledges and have turned off anti-virus software including UAC, i don't have the plug-and-play feature that u are referring to on my printer which is perhaps why it didnt just connect, i've tried absolutely everything and am now contemplating whether to revert back to my old pc as it has XP and it didnt play me up this much! thank you for ur help, if u could assist me further it would be much appreciated.

Sam Si

Location: The Netherlands
EasySolution is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problems with installing software for HP Printer
Sam Si,

What is the product number for the Deskjet?

Have you got the original installation Disk which supports Windows Vista? Or have you downloaded the software from the HP Website? Make sure that you download the x64 software if you have got the Vista x64 or otherwise the x32 software. And before you start installing, please click with the right mousbutton on the installation file and choose 'Open or execute as an administrator'. Even do so when you are logged on with an administrator account...

serpentracer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Problems with installing software for HP Printer
my HP officejet printer was a pain in the butt to install also. HP does a horrible job with the software and drivers. then their instructions are very very minimal and basic. and once it finally installed, it wouldn't recognize the printer. then once I finally got that straight, the digital imaging drivers would hang up the sytem and wouldn't let the system shut down unless I stopped it with task manager
I think HP has hired all jr.high students to write it's software.

I've never had that much trouble from anything before.
sorry I really don't know what else to contribute..

Last edited by serpentracer : 11-19-2008 at 19:03.