Windows live mail please help

Software Problems

Dragonsbane is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows live mail please help
Hi,
I am using windows vista home premium.
Thanks in advance to anyone that has any suggestions. I am a novice when it comes to computers so please bear that in mind,the problem I amhaving is that windows live mail has stopped working. In between the period whhen it was ok and when it stopped working I installed and ran a registry cleaner , a program called sandboxie and winpatrol. When I say it stopped working the intial window comes up but then hangs and the program does not start. If i start the computer in safe mode with networking it works fine. I also noticed outlook is doing the same thing and windows mail seems to stay running in the active tasks after i close it which means if i want to start it again i have to manually kill the task. On a guest account windows live mail does open so I tried importing things to it ( doing the export from safe mode) but it gives a message that the program needs reinstalling ( but it does load and have the previous messages). I tried reinstalling live mail several times with the same result.I also tried windows live beta and have met with the same situation. Currently it is windows live mail beta on the system. My gut feeling is this could be some sort of account permission thing due to the registry cleaner deleting something, although ofcourse my account is an adminstrator account I wonder if something got corrupted.I right clicked the registry back up file and clicked merge etc.. but it didnt solve the proble. I also tried several system restores. By the way in safe mode i ran all other programs that normally run in normal mode and the mail program still worked. Vice versa I manually shut down most things in normal mode including my antivirus ( kaspersky internet security) and still encountered the same problem.finally Outlook intermittently gives the option to run in safe mode ( when I am logged in normal mode) and works then. Been up to 4 am 2 nights in a row trying to fix this.
Please help.