Vista wont even boot.

Software Problems

sangah10 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista wont even boot.
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To Fix the problem:
1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not haave this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data."

hm.. so I followed the instructions and put the Windows Vista Ultimate x64 DVD into my DVD drive. Pressed enter and the computer restarted but the DVD didnt even load or something. Like it just went back to the same screen with all that information again. Incase ur wondering im on laptop atm. Um..I tried holding F8 when the computer started to get into safe mode, didnt work just went back to the same screen again. I can get into the SETUP menu by holding DEL but thats it.

Before i went to bed last night i i noticed that it was installing an update when i pressed shut down. So I let it update and it shut down and when I wake up in the morning to start my computer this happens.

Argh anyone got any good ideas or something.

safsurfer is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Vista wont even boot.
I'm sure you have either fixed this by now or have just completely reloaded windows or you have been committed to an insane asylum from pounding your head repeatedly on your desktop in frustration. If the latter was true I would have seen you personally though as I am already in a mental institute myself suffering from 'window fatigue' and other windows related ailments that are completely unexplainable and fully and utterly denied possible by microsoft. They think we are all just imagining these phenomina???

Anyway, if you solve please describe how so others can learn. If not fixed, one thing I have done in cases like this was to get into the bios and try changing the boot order to a cd drive first and have your windows cd inserted to fix. If that doesnt work, I have swtched it back to boot from HD and it miraculously fixed itself. Also, I've fixed just by keep trying to boot and after a while it just fixed itself. BUt if it won't let you into safe mode and wont ever get to windows before quitting then all you can try is something in bios.

Sorry for discouraging news. good luck