Taskbar Tabs On Far Right?

Software Problems

JDCAce is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Taskbar Tabs On Far Right?
Hello, everyone! I just got my new laptop yesterday, and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have to say I like it so far, at least from an aesthetic point of view.

Now to my problem:
The icons on the taskbar are for some reason being pushed to the far right (that is, the icons which show and let you switch between open windows; not the Quick Start icons or the icons next to the clock). Of course, a new window opened should have its tab put on the far left, against the Quick Start icons, and that's the way my computer did it until I restarted it for the second time. Right after I powered it up for the third time, I was told Windows did not shut down properly and asked if I would like to enter safe mode, regular mode, etc. I chose regular mode because I didn't shut down Windows Vista in an odd way.

I've included a picture of my problem. Can somebody help me?

TW1993 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello i was just wondering if u have fixed your taskbar... the same thing happened to me just recently and i cant seem to fix it

Dream Rehab is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Taskbar Tabs On Far Right?
This happened to me too. If you look very closely there should be a cluster of dots just to the left of your tabs. Move the mouse over it until a double arrow displays, then click and drag to the left. If you drag it ALL the way to the left, it should restore the taskbar to it's original form.

luis55 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Taskbar Tabs On Far Right?
I have the same problem too .
The only thing that works is to unblock the taskbar an then manually resize it but it's very annoying because it needs to be done every time you power on or restart the computer.
Quote:
I've included a picture of my problem. Can somebody help me?
I notice some similarities with my actual machine and yours:
We have both A Dell computer and we have installed the GoogleToolbar. I suspect it's the toolbar.

I'm going to try removing some of the recent applications i installed recently.

Hok_92 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Taskbar Tabs On Far Right?
Hello

This has just happend to me, and i found a way to solve this probmem ...

---=== To get your tabs back to the far left. ===---

- right click your task bar and press properties.
- Then uncheck the box where it says "lock taskbar" and hit apply.
- you should now see the small dots.
- Hold the dots to the left of the tabs you want to move and then drag 'em to the left side of the task bar.
- when you got your tabe where you want them, right click your taskbar and press proterties.
- Now, check the "lock taskbar"-box and your dots should disappear and your tabs should be where you placed them.

Hope this can help you