windows mail problems

Software Problems

Location: Dordrecht, Nederland
fluteyn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
windows mail problems
I do have a new laptop with Vista from october 2007. From the beginning I tried to work with Windows mail, but I do have strange problems all the time. Some I can live with. Others are a real burden. When I search the web for problems with Window mail the number of threards is that big, that the results are of little use. When I try to install updates I get the message, that the update isn't meant to my system.

1. When I start the computer I got the message: There is no standard mailclient. When I try to setup a standard mail client nothing change. When I remove outlook 2000 and reinstall the problem stays.

2. When I leave the computer Adobe is complaining about some open document. But I am quiet sure I did never open any document with adobe reader.

3. When I work with Windows mail and go to some folders. After three of four visites all the folders become empty. I have to restart the computer to get my mail back. So I have to restart the computer half a dozen time every evening.

4. I tried to activate another mail progam, but I want to have my historical mail as well. You can export the mail in the Windows mail format. But no other program I do have can import this format.

5. When I try to export to exchange I got the message the current mailclient is not standard or not be able to do the things I am asking. Please make outlook to the standard mailclient. I try to do this in outlook 2000. I try do do this in the internet explorer. The changes will just be ignored. I am administrator of my computer.

6. When you try to change something you get all kind of criptic messages. I really don't know the answer. System administrators may be understand. I can ask on my job to the administrators some help. The advices are that complicated, that they are of no use. The only result you can expect is losing all your mail.

7. I have exported the mail in the Windows mail format, but it is of no use, because nobody else does understand this format. When I go to the folder there are thousands of files in the format: 12345678-0000034.eml. This files can be opened and read. But because the name is meaningless sorting out all this information will take weeks.

The question is how can I solve this problem. I do need a working email program. Windows mail can not be considered as a working program on my computer now. Are there some usefull updates available ? Are there shops, that solve this kind of problems ?