Can't Load or reinstall Vista

Software Problems

trenton24 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't Load or reinstall Vista
I just bought Vista 32bit home premium to use on a new system I am building. I got the system up and running (after many Graphics card driver issues).

I was so happy when I finally got this system working, after a frustrating few days.

Anyway, I decided to Install Microsoft Office XP (I read on the Microsoft site that all versions of of from 2003 onwards are compatible with vista). I put the cd in, put in all the code and details and went and had dinner. I came back after an hour or so and switched the monitor back on only to get the 'no signal' message on my monitor. I thought that the computer had gone into hibernation or something (even though I am quite sure I switched that off). However, no matter what I did the computer didn't respond. Even the power button did nothing. So I gave up and hit Reset.

After the post it came to the screen where you choose safe mode etc...

I chose 'last known good config,' in case something had gone haywire. The computer just went to a black screen and I could hear the computer working hard for about 2 minutes or so, then it just went quiet, with no HDD activity. I Reset again and hit Safe mode, but this time it froze as it ran through the list of drivers it loads (you know how they list on the screen). After another couple of attempts and some investigation into my bios setting (nothing appeared as obviously incorrect) I decided I would have to do at least a windows repair.

I put the vista DVD into the computer and it loaded the files and then it too froze. It just hangs!!!

I am really pissed off. I thought I finally had this thing up and running, and Vista is screwing up. Is this some sort of driver issue??? If so how do I fix it. I would prefer not to have to go through the whole bloody process of reinstalling Vista and my graphics drivers and mobo drivers etc. I have already wasted hours of my life install crappy OS that screw you around.

If I do have to do a format/reinstall, how do I even go about that, I can't get to any command prompt or anything to format the drive.

So far for me Vista blows!!!!

trenton24 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I almost forgot, my system specs are;

eVGA 780i mobo
2 x Gigabyte 8800GTS 512mb (Came with the WRONG driver - thanks gigabyte)
4GB Corsair RAM
Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SataII
Zalman 750W PSU