A Very Bizarre Problem (Concerning Windows Audio, Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation, and rundll32.exe)

Software Problems

Nanner Split's Avatar

Nanner Split is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
A Very Bizarre Problem (Concerning Windows Audio, Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation, and rundll32.exe)
This problem first came up about two days ago, when I realised that one of my audio files wouldn't play. At first I thought it was iTunes (which I rarely use; at first I thought I was being reminded just why that was), but it turned out that I couldn't get sound to play at all. Moreover, I would get this message:

"Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation stopped working and was closed."
closely followed by:
"Windows Audio stopped working and was closed."

So I went into control panel to try and look at what was going on, and I got this message:
"Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working."

I'm not sure if it's a virus or not, but it's so irritating that I just assume it is anyway. I've tried various anti-virus, anti-spyware, and registry-cleaning software to no avail. Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanner Split For This Useful Post:

littlepeter5 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner Split View Post
This problem first came up about two days ago, when I realised that one of my audio files wouldn't play. At first I thought it was iTunes (which I rarely use; at first I thought I was being reminded just why that was), but it turned out that I couldn't get sound to play at all. Moreover, I would get this message:

"Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation stopped working and was closed."
closely followed by:
"Windows Audio stopped working and was closed."

So I went into control panel to try and look at what was going on, and I got this message:
"Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working."

I'm not sure if it's a virus or not, but it's so irritating that I just assume it is anyway. I've tried various anti-virus, anti-spyware, and registry-cleaning software to no avail. Any ideas?
I have been having the same problem, happens about 5% of the time shortly after opening iTunes.
My soundcard is SoundMAX Intergrated Digital HD Audio, and i'm running windows vista premium, and my itunes is the most recent update.
I am thinking of checking for driver updates for my soundcard.
Have you solved your problem yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to littlepeter5 For This Useful Post:

firebrand2007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepeter5 View Post
I have been having the same problem, happens about 5% of the time shortly after opening iTunes.
My soundcard is SoundMAX Intergrated Digital HD Audio, and i'm running windows vista premium, and my itunes is the most recent update.
I am thinking of checking for driver updates for my soundcard.
Have you solved your problem yet?
thanks give me solution too