BIOS setup...

Software Problems

vasso is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BIOS setup...
Hello !!

I would like to ask if its possible to load back the bios defaults without having a view on the pc screen.

Im wondering, is it possible when changing the bios settings for the video display, after restarting, not to have any more screen display at all?

I have already tried several times with the F buttons, but nothing happens

My OS is "windows vista family edition", in french.
I arrived to this problem after my OS wouldn't start, not even on safe mode, it was restarting on "crcdisk.sys"
I performed then the system restoration provided by the manufacturer (hp) that was stored in a partition of my drive, but it did not work, it said something about an mbr.dll , then i changed some things in the bios menu and now i dont have anymore screen display.

If you might know what is going on, I would be very greatful for your answers

thanx ,
Vasso

Elrik_C is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the same problem with a computer I made from spare parts.
About 1 year after building it, it picked up a strange computer virus
that corrupted the master boot record and may have I suspect
erased the BIOS chip. Still haven't fixed it yet, worst case
scenario, if your computer is still under warrenty maybe you
can trade it in for a new one, or have the manufacturer
replace the BIOS chip.

However, since I built mine from scratch, there is no warrenty
for me to fall back on, so I will just have to take a loss on it.

vasso is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes its sad

This is what they told me at the techincal support center,
that from what i described them they suppose that the motherboard
is finished and my machine is still under guarantee, it was bought last november only..
They were going to send someone to pick it up but i refused cause
it would take too long (more than two weeks) and i me am leaving soon,
for many months to another country but also cause i want to recover the files from my drive.

But there is not a file that can execute and put back the bios defaults ?

If i can recover my screen display... Im almost sure i dont have any more
communication via the graphics card cause i changed something in the bios menu and then i have not any more screen display...

Another thing i was thinking, why isnt there any more the dos command in the options to choose when windows will not load?
if i could have performed chkdsk when the first problem arrived there is a big chance i would not have to pass through all these...
I was taking very care of my pc, i only had legal programms, no torents, no viruses, nothing that could harm it, why all these?
nimd4's Avatar

nimd4 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q=reset+BIOS
Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q=BIOS+reset

vasso is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great! Thanx Nimd4! I have reset my bios!

I just took out the battery from the motherboard,
put the pc back on the plug and I have screen!!!!! Thaanks so much!
It was so simple! Now i have to fix the errors...
Windows will not load, and as soon as it turns on, after the usual, i have
"Err2Err3", i continue searching on google..

I want also to mention that, when calling the HP technical support, they advised after hearing the problem, that my motherboard is dead...
And they wanted to replace my pc for that..
well...

Thanx Vistaheads!