Originally Posted by aznhomieboi1689
Guys my computer is behaving very very strangely. Here are ALL the symptoms:
-Norton Internet Security 2009 REFUSES/does not Start
-Windows Defender FREEZES all the time
-Windows Security Center is turned off automatically and cannot be turned on
-"Interactive Service dialog detection" keeps appearing
-Internet Explorer keeps opening by itself whenever Interactive Service dialog is displayed
-Windows is showing a "Unauthorized change to windows" message
-Windows is not genuine
-Windows says "You might be a victim of counterfeiting"
-Computer is slow
-Internet is slower
-Windows Restore Center/Restoring Windows FAILED
-Virtually cannot open or use any type of anti-virus, anti-spyware, softwares
-EDIT: Control Panel does not and will not display any options (virtually displaying a blank page)
What Is wrong? Can anyone help me find a solution? Thanks
Sounds like you have run into a Vundo infection.
download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.34
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
Then go to an antimalware
forum, post your problem along with the saved MBam log and HijackThis log:
Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™
Download HijackThis™ here:
TrendSecure | TrendMicro™ HijackThis™ Overview
(Right click to run as Administrator, scan and save log)