I cant delet Zlob.DNS Changer, can u help?

Security

husskii's Avatar

husskii is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I cant delet Zlob.DNS Changer, can u help?
Greetings friends, I have an infection called Zlob.DNS Changer & i haven't been able to get rid of it, I'm hoping someone can help. I use Win Vista Ultimate with win Live OneCare & have tried spybot S&D to delete the infection. Because of this infection my Internet is useless, when i try do a search i get redirected to another site, also my notebook is lagging badly. i called MS & they gave me a temporary fix, by changing my DNS server Ip to 4.2.2.2 & alternate to 4.2.2.3. that helps with the Internet but thats all. i have updated my virus program and it supposedly gets rid of the infection, but thats not the case because as soon as i go back to Obtaining DNS automatically the the infection will return. i have also done scans with spybot S&D which will locate "lob.DNS Changer" & supposedly deletes the infection but when i restart and do a new scan it will detected Zlob.DNS Changer. i have exhausted all my options and have got nowhere, I'm hoping someone can help.
Thanks in advance
Husskii
husskii's Avatar

husskii is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cant delet Zlob.DNS Changer, can u help?
hi again, i think the problem is solved. i went into my router setup & changed the DNS server to obtain DNS Server automatically then rescanned with spybot & fixed the infection. After reboot i did another scan & the infection was gone. hope it lasts this time.
HUSSKii
Microsoft MVP Member

Jacee will become famous soon enoughJacee will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: I cant delet Zlob.DNS Changer, can u help?
I would suggest that you also download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.31

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
__________________
MS-MVP Windows-Security 2006 ~ 2009
husskii's Avatar

husskii is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I cant delet Zlob.DNS Changer, can u help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I would suggest that you also download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.31

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
hi jacee, i managed to fix the issue for the mean time anyway. my mistake was i never disconnected from the internet whilste doing the scans. i used Hiren's bootCD and run scans with spybot and McAfee but as normal McAfee didnt find nothing and when i updated spybot, i did a scan with the net disconnected and i managed to fix the problem. if doen a few scans since and have found nothing, so everything is great at the moment. "if only i new to disconnect first, I ended up trying malware bits spybot norton adware and the list goes on. ateast 1mnonth of work, but i guess ive learnt something new. "disconnect first" lol
Thanks for your help
HUSSKii