Norton 360 Uninstall?

Security

iestech is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Norton 360 Uninstall?
I am trying to uninstall Norton 360 from Windows Vista and cannot figure out how to do it. I read the uninstall instructions and went to Add/Remove Programs and when I click on the Norton icon, I do not get the uninstall button. I just want this thing off my machine. I currently do not have an internet connection so that rules out downloading the Norton Uninstaller (which seems like it should be bundled with the software). Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.

KelliJ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
Hi, I was reading your post and I'm interested in helping. I work with Symantec's PR Tream. Since you do not have internet here is the phone number of Norton's Tech Support.
+1 800 342 0652 or 407 357 7600
If you have anymore questions I am happy to help.
kellij[at]carryonpr[dot]com

Wakie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iestech View Post
I am trying to uninstall Norton 360 from Windows Vista and cannot figure out how to do it. I read the uninstall instructions and went to Add/Remove Programs and when I click on the Norton icon, I do not get the uninstall button. I just want this thing off my machine. I currently do not have an internet connection so that rules out downloading the Norton Uninstaller (which seems like it should be bundled with the software). Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.
Hi,
All you need to do is Google "Norton Removal Tool" download the software and run. Choose your norton product and it will remove all files and folders. Took me ages to figure out how to do that!! I hope this helps.
Lir Marcellin's Avatar

Lir Marcellin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
You need to open Norton and turn off each part of it. Anti-virus, anti-spyware, Firewall, all running protection. Then you will have a easy uninstall. After turning off every thing go to programs find Norton and uninstall using the uninstall tool in Norton. Or go to Control panel, add and remove programs and select remove Norton. But you are better off uninstalling Norton from the Norton file. That will save you having to get the Norton removal tool.
__________________
softphone

d3nnis888 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
I also had that experience before, and when I googled around I realized that I'm not the only one facing this kind of problem. I don't understand why it's so difficult to remove norton 360 from the system. Is it because the makers want to make it so stubborn not to be removed easily by viruses? I don't know...Just a guess.

Reading further, I realized there are 2 other things you can do aside from using the add/remove programs. If you still remember, is there an uninstaller that came along with your norton Package? most have it, but if you don't, you can download this norton 360 uninstaller made by symantec.

Garthe is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
Hi iestech,
What error are you getting while uninstalling Norton Anti virus software?
Make sure you have shut/quit the program before uninstalling.
Suggestion of Google Norton Removal Tool is also effective and it works.
__________________
Kindle ebook reader

Location: US
marky10 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Norton 360 Uninstall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iestech View Post
I am trying to uninstall Norton 360 from Windows Vista and cannot figure out how to do it. I read the uninstall instructions and went to Add/Remove Programs and when I click on the Norton icon, I do not get the uninstall button. I just want this thing off my machine. I currently do not have an internet connection so that rules out downloading the Norton Uninstaller (which seems like it should be bundled with the software). Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.

1. Run the Start menu, and then go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, double-click on the Add or Remove Programs.
3. Scroll through the list displayed in the Add or Remove Programs box and select one of the Symantec, Norton, or Live Update options listed.
4. Select the Remove or Change/Remove button to start the uninstall process.
5. Repeat the process for related entries included in the list.
6. Exit the Add or Remove Programs option and restart your computer if it does not restart automatically.
7. Search for and remove all Symantec and Norton folders from your system.