Join Date: Dec 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
unknown process downloading data into the system resulting in bandwidth loss
i am a newbie to this community, please guide if there any mistakes in the current post.
I am facing problem where some process (i guess its taskeng.exe) is downloading data into system at 70+ kbps.
I am using Windows vista home premium, since 3 years.
through net limiter software i found the process number that was downloading the data(it turned out to be process number 1288).
i have attached screenshot from process explorer relatingto this process.
there are 2 taskeng.exe running under svchost process, to find out which was causing the problem, i tried to kill the taskeng.exe with atribute 'sp\SAI', i was able to terminate it, but data transfer rate was uneffected then i tried to kill the other taskeng.exe process with 'access denied' attribute, it says 'Error opening taskeng.exe: Access is denied'.
for time being it limited the download by setting the limit to 1 kbps for the process number 1288.
i tried the following things.
1. my os is upto date, regularly update online.
2. my norton internet security is also upto date,scanned my entire system after updtate, but couldnt find any bugs.
3. i have recently started using comodo firewall too
4. i tried malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and fixed some bugs that were identified, but even then that didnt help.
please advise regarding the same, some thing is eating up my bandwidth
awaiting your reply.