What is the best antivirus for Vista

Security Software

Newbie

StarBuk is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the best antivirus for Vista
Hello again

I am using Trend Antivirus on my Vista ( home premium )

is there any other antivirus that can be used with my Vista?

thanks in advance

StarBuk

vinoliya is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used Kaspersky anti virus, it works done in vista

Location: Foreast Of Dean UK
forester will become famous soon enoughforester will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm on Kaspersky as well.

SubZero is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im on norton 360, It works on Vista.

Location: Foreast Of Dean UK
forester will become famous soon enoughforester will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sorry, I don't rate Norton very highly.
Forester

SubZero is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why not? It works great.

Ozzy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VISTA + DriveSentry (Antivirus+Antispyware)
I am a big fan of Vista and have been using it since its release! This is partly because of the security software that i have been using since day 1. It is called DriveSentry and is great with Vista.

DriveSentry also has a neat VISTA (type) GADGET which sits on your desktop. Definately worth a try for all you windows Vista lovers.

One problem is that it is not compatible with 64bit versions of Vista but according to Wilders security forum DriveSentry will soon be compatible with 64bit.

Im not greatly technical but would love a more technical opinion on DriveSentry so that i can boost my confidence more so and reinforce my opinions!

help!!

regards,

OZZY

MrGW77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBuk View Post
Hello again

I am using Trend Antivirus on my Vista ( home premium )

is there any other antivirus that can be used with my Vista?

thanks in advance

StarBuk
There are many excellent anti-virus utilities for Vista and, luckily, many of them are free. But, you need to be careful because Virus transmission occurs in many different ways. For that reason, I use a combination of Windows Live One care and Spyware Blaster (freeware) because the spyware blaster will prevent any malicious junk from getting on the system and Windows Live One Care takes care of the Anti Virus and many other things as well.

Ozzy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I am a big fan of Vista and have been using it since its release! This is partly because of the security software that i have been using since day 1. It is called DriveSentry and is great with Vista.

DriveSentry also has a neat VISTA (type) GADGET which sits on your desktop. Definately worth a try for all you windows Vista lovers.

One problem is that it is not compatible with 64bit versions of Vista but according to Wilders security forum DriveSentry will soon be compatible with 64bit.

Im not greatly technical but would love a more technical opinion on DriveSentry so that i can boost my confidence more so and reinforce my opinions!

regards,

OZZY
its been months now and im still using DriveSentry. this is unusual for me as AV software doesnt get much far past my eval period with me...bit of a critic! This ones a keeper

if anyone else tries it let me know

Location: Foreast Of Dean UK
forester will become famous soon enoughforester will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi
I prefere Kaspersky Internet Security, picked up three licenses for £23.00.
It always comes out tops on all the tests.
Forester