Greetings & Here's my problem!

Printers, Scanners & Digital Cameras

unclemikefusny is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings & Here's my problem!
Hello, all.

Just joined up and hope you can help me. I have a new Vista Home Premium running on an HP computer and cannot get my Sharp AL-1540CS combination copier/printer/scanner to install. I went to the sharpusa web site and downloaded what was supposed to be the Vista driver install program but it just doesn't work. Any ideas? Is there some trick to this? My HP500 plotter and 1220 printer installed just fine with plug and play.

Mike Fisher
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Mike,

when you say it doesnt work do you mean the install program does not work or the printer does not work after the sodtware installation?

regards

Steve

unclemikefusny is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sharp AL-1540CS driver for Vista Home Premium
Thanks for the response. I called the 800# and the fellow told me to go to the Sharp Canadian website to get the driver that actually works!! The one from the Sharpusa.com site would go through the motions OK, but when you plug in the printer, Vista says it can't find a driver for it. Had to completely uninstall the "US" driver and download and reinstall the "Canadian" driver. Works fine now.

For anyone who needs it, the location is Sharp.ca.

unclemikefusny is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sharp scanner/printer driver for Vista
Call the North American help desk for Sharp. That's what I did and the fellow who answered directed me to the Canadian site that had the right driver. Unfortunately, it was long ago enough so I don't remember the exact details. It did work perfectly, though.

PeterC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your help.

After writing my question I found the driver on the sharp Canada site. It worked like a charm!

Thanks again for you help.

Peter
kor kor is offline

kor is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Greetings & Here's my problem!
I just went to the sharp.ca site and don't see anything but the 32 bit version of the Vista al 1540cs. Please tell me how to get to it!

PeterC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Greetings & Here's my problem!
Hi there Kor.

I used the 32 bit driver. Are you looking for the 64 bit? The only one that I could find was the 32 bit for Vista.

You go to Sharp.ca, click on "service Support" and then "downloads". Choose "copier" in the pull-down menu and then your model number.

I have Vista Home Premium and it worked fine.
kor kor is offline

kor is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Greetings & Here's my problem!
THANKS!! I presumed since the sharp USA 32 bit didn't work, that I needed something else. The CA one worked perfectly!

jackretiredguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Greetings & Here's my problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemikefusny View Post
Hello, all.

Just joined up and hope you can help me. I have a new Vista Home Premium running on an HP computer and cannot get my Sharp AL-1540CS combination copier/printer/scanner to install. I went to the sharpusa web site and downloaded what was supposed to be the Vista driver install program but it just doesn't work. Any ideas? Is there some trick to this? My HP500 plotter and 1220 printer installed just fine with plug and play.

Mike Fisher

Hello to all,

I found this forum through a Google search, and I thought this thread would really help me – but I still have a problem.

Yesterday I bought a new laptop that is running Vista 64-bit, and I cannot find a driver for my Sharp AL-1540CS. I spoke to Sharp, and while I did get just a touch of sympathy, I got no help. Sharp, as you know, has put out a driver for this printer for Vista 32-bit, but not Vista 64-bit. (The guy points out that my printer/copier was made in May 2003. Well, so what! I am only on my second toner cartridge. I hate to have get rid of it and buy another, for lack of a driver.)

Anyway, I went to the Sharp Canada site, per this thread, thinking that would be a solution. I could see that the file said 32-bit, but you guys seemed to have found that it worked. But I could not get it to work. I downloaded and tried two different install files (one of which was zipped, and the other of which had the instructions in French), but neither worked. If it worked for you guys before, am I missing something, or is it possible that Sharp Canada changed the file?

I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer – especially someone who got their AL-1540CS to work with Vista 64-bit. Instructions as to what to do would be fine. However, if the file that worked for you is no longer available, and if someone would be generous enough to send it to me, please call my cell at your convenience (240-472-0098) and I will give you my email. (I am in the DC area.)

Thanks much, Jack