HP 5610 No Scan Options

Printers, Scanners & Digital Cameras

6919 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP 5610 No Scan Options
Just got a new HP Pavillion s2220n with Vistra Home Premium already inatalled.
My HP 5610 Officejet all-in-one will not scan. No scan options. HP solution center says no HP devices.
I have been going nuts!! No help from HP or Microsoft and have not found a solution on the internet. Please help.
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi 6919,

can you check out this page ( HP Full Feature Software and Drivers*HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One ) and make sure you have the most up to date drivers installed,

We can then take it from there.

regards

Steve

6919 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP 5610 No Scan Options
Hi Steve,

I went to the page you suggested and downloaded the Full Feature Software and Drivers. What's the next step?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi 6919,

can you right click on the setup file and select Run As Administrator. Follow the instructions on the screen.

After the installation please reboot and see if the scan option is there,

regards

Steve

6919 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP 5610 No Scan Options
Good morning Steve,

Thanks for your response. HP Solutions Center icon is on my desktop. When I click on it I get "No HP Devices have been detected. HP Solution Center will close now." When I push the Scan button on the HP 5610 I still get the No Scan Options message on the face plate. Printing still works. No scan capability.
Thanks for your time and help. What's next????
6910
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi 6919,

can you do a search for Uninstall_L2.bat on your PC.

This is HP's ultimate uninstall utility. If you find it please run it.

After running it please try and reinstall the printer using the file you downloaded,

regards

Steve

6919 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP 5610 No Scan Options
Hi Steve,

I found Uninstall_L2.bat and clicked Run as Administrator. I got a DOS command prompt.
C:\Users\Al>. Don't know what to do.

6919
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
hi 6919,

what folder was the Uninstall_L2.bat in? Hopefully it ran ok. Otherwise we will go into the folder where it is and run it from the command prompt and it should give us more info.

Is your HP5610 uninstalled from the Printers?

regards

Steve

6919 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP 5610 No Scan Options
Hello Steve,

Thanks for hanging in there with me.
It appears that Uninstall_L2.bat is located in:
ccc(C\Temp\HP_WebRelease\util)
The HP5610 still appears to be installed in Printers.
It shows up in Device Manager and it is still printing.

Regards,
6919
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi 6919,

Can you start the command prompt by right clicking on the icon and selecting Run As Administrator.

At the prompt type cd \ and press enter
then type cd C:\Temp\HP_WebRelease\util and press enter
then type Uninstall_L2.bat and press enter

can you tell me what it says after you type the last command.

This should uninstall all remnants of any HP Device so we can start a new fresh installation from the setup file you downloaded previously.

We'll get there in the end

regards

Steve