HP Laser Jet 1020

Printers, Scanners & Digital Cameras

kiwi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HP Laser Jet 1020
Printer quit mid task. Pop up windows indicated it was a "spooler" problem. Read in another thread that you address this from Start/Run. I knew where that was with Windows 98SE, but where does it hide in Vista?

Frustrated? U bet. Went to HP, not much help. Tried to load new drivers, again (did so in Oct after initial set up with new computer in Aug). Tried three times got three different messages saying why it would not work. Figured that I needed to wipe it all out and start over. Now I have a 10 lb paper weight connected to my new computer by USB. Cannot delete printer, get "spooler" error. Cannot add, same error. Printer not that old so don't see why I need to go buy a new one to match my new computer. Hope this is not a unique problem.

There you go, what say you Vistaheads?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Hi Kiwi,

the Start - Run in Vista is actually the Start Search when you click on the round ms logo on the bottom left hand corner of your screen.

Can you have a look in your Event Viewer for any printing related errors and post them here. To get into the event viewer see this link... Windows Vista Event Viewer

regards

Steve

kiwi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good morning Steve. Thanks for your quick response and advice. I did not get to it, but I did get my printer working. And as usual I don't know how I did it. I found my way into the list of "programs" and saw that the Print Spooler was "stopped". I followed the instructions last night and no luck. Then I tried this moring and it worked. Don't know what I did overnight to change things but will leave well enough alone. Got to roam around some new areas and found things laid out a lot differently than in Win 98 SE. As I am not too knowledgable with computers I tend not to explore for fear of setting off a problem. Now if I can just figure out how to burn cd/dvds I'd be a happy camper. Thanks again for your support and interest. Rest assured that if my computer decides to take another "spooler" holiday that I'll be back to you folks.

Regards,

Kiwi

Vista 64bit Printer driver for Canon Laser Jet LBP-1120 Remind microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 07-15-2008 15:45
Old Laser Jet Printer cass3 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 08-24-2007 05:24
HP 1100 Laser Jet Printer and MS Wilrless Laser 600 Station-5 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 08-21-2007 00:50
HP laserjet 1020 James microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 05-07-2007 15:17
HP laser jet printer driver installation =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmlmZg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-16-2007 06:40