I've lost my router home network and can't get it back

Networking

txacoli is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've lost my router home network and can't get it back
Until a few days ago, I was running a Belkin N+Wireless modem router to connect two desktop PC's and a wireless laptop in the house. The desktop PC's are connected via ethernet cable and the laptop logged into the wireless connection using the PSK. Suddenly, it's all gone. I can connect to the internet, but it's via something called Network 3 on a local area connection (not of my doing) and my own home network name has gone. This network set itself up automatically. Also, I can't see any other networks when I check them (I used to be able to see my neighbours network).

If I go into the Belkin setup, I can see the network name and yes, the SSID is being broadcast.

When I do a diagnosis check, I get the message.......This computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured..........and when I click on the option to INSTALL WIRELESS NETWORKING HARDWARE in order to remedy this, I get the message to check my drivers. I've checked my drivers and they're all up to date.

I don't know what else to do and why the network isn't showing up. I want to install my new wireless printer and I can't do it without a network to call my own. Can anyone help please??????
Kprime's Avatar

Location: Texas
Kprime is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I've lost my router home network and can't get it back
Are you running vista?

txacoli is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I've lost my router home network and can't get it back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kprime View Post
Are you running vista?
Yes I am, but no worries, this has long been sorted thanks. I've had to buy a new router, despite the fact that the last one was only a year old.
Kprime's Avatar

Location: Texas
Kprime is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I've lost my router home network and can't get it back
Interesting. Thanks for the follow up.

hiserdison is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I've lost my router home network and can't get it back
Hello,
I have a new Linksys router WRT54gs and a new Dell laptop.
The router works well with the cable attached but when I go to wireless
I get a strong signal but unable to get on the internet with WEP security.
With security disabled the wireless works fine.