Firewall blocking access between Vista&XP network

Networking

skywatcher77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Firewall blocking access between Vista&XP network
Hi, it took a little bit of working out, but ive finally managed to netwrork my two computers, the main terminal runs vista ultimate and has a wireless internet adapter on it, the second computer is running on xp pro service pack 3, on the xp i have no problems accessing files on the vista pc and using the internet on xp etc. The problem i am having is with the main terminal on vista, i am connected to the xp terminal, and it can see the terminal, but if i try to access any files on it, it asks for a username and password which i dont no what they are, however, if i take off windows firewall on the vista machine it doesnt ask for it, this is fine, but i dont want to leave the main computer without a firewall on, is there a way of setting up a username and password for firewall? Ive tried clicking on all exceptions also but to no avail. I am running nod32 as my anti-virus software, could that be a problem also? Please help, i really think ive tried every option possible now.

Wilt is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Firewall blocking access between Vista&XP network
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher77 View Post
[...]
On the vista machine do you have the folder permissions set to all users? if this is a simple file share you shouldn't need to use a password or username. Right click on the folder and go to the sharing & networking and look for the setting there.

skywatcher77 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Firewall blocking access between Vista&XP network
Thanks for the reply Wilt, i believe you are the only one, but i managed to sort out the problems i was having, but since then i have networked the vista pc to my ps3 which worked first time, but then posed problems a week later, but ive managed to smooth out the problems since then, thanks though.

earnfreerupees is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Firewall blocking access between Vista&XP network
first you try to off firewall and check, if it is ok then check this url firewall exception setting