I would like to share with the App-V community the book I’ve just published: “Getting Started with Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6
”. In this book there's also invaluable collaboration from Microsoft App-V MVPs Aaron Parker, Kevin Kaminski and Nicke Kallen.
The topics included in this book are:
1. Introducing Application Virtualization in a Virtualized World.
2. Understanding App-V Architecture.
3. Preparing your App-V Environment and Installing App-V Management Server.
4. Deploying the App-V Sequencer, App-V Desktop Client and Streaming Server.
5. Taking the Initial Steps in the Sequencing Process.
6. Sequencing Complex Applications.
7. Managing Dynamic Suite Composition.
8. Integrating App-V with System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2.
9. Securing your App-V Environment.
10. Reviewing App-V for Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services).
Also I’m giving away a free paperback copy of this book, detailed explanation in this article: App-V Book Giveaway!
• All you need to do is email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject: “App-V Book
• Include in the email body your full name plus the address where you would like for us to send the copy.
• I’ll close up the contest on February 25
. All the emails sent until that date will be included in the election, which will be completely random.
• I’ll notify the winner in the following days and we’ll ship a free copy of “Getting Started with Application Virtualization 4.6
For more information check this post of mine
(there’s also a sample chapter available for download).
The book is available in paperback and as an eBook, and can be ordered in Pack Publishing