The Cloud vs 'traditional' Virtualization

Microsoft Virtualization Q&A - Tues 23rd Feb 2010

hkl hkl is offline

hkl is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Cloud vs 'traditional' Virtualization
According to the Virtualization Journal.

"Cloud computing is one of Gartner’s top 10 strategic technology trends for 2009 – #2, right behind virtualization. Analysts say the economics of cloud for customers are truly compelling, with expected savings for business applications of 3-5x. That’s not chump change – particularly in today’s recessionary economy.

But the most compelling benefits of the cloud aren't just cost-savings. They're the increased flexibility, elasticity and scalability available to optimize efficiency and best serve the needs of the business."

Is the cloud the future? Do you think Virtualization is yesterday's news?

chaplin is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Cloud vs 'traditional' Virtualization
Cloud computing is the way forward to those who understand technology trends. I have been designing website at LosAngeles Web designs and every client has been very much engaged at development so as to have his site designed to accommodate this jargon. At LosAngeles Web Designs we have been using cloud computing to help our esteemed customer get full knowledge about design and its best application.
ErinWalsh's Avatar

Location: Ozark Foothills
ErinWalsh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Cloud vs 'traditional' Virtualization
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaplin View Post
Cloud computing is the way forward to those who understand technology trends. I have been designing website at LosAngeles Web designs and every client has been very much engaged at development so as to have his site designed to accommodate this jargon. At LosAngeles Web Designs we have been using cloud computing to help our esteemed customer get full knowledge about design and its best application.
Surprised there has not been more conversation about this post. It seems like cloud technology has taken the Internet by storm. I don't know what I would do without some of the apps I depend on that are cloud-based. My Google Drive, iTunes and so many others I could not imagine not having now. It's always interesting to look at the short term past and see how far we have come. Gartner, as well as the Horizon Report, are helpful trend analycists who promote innovation and change.
Erin Walsh,
Director of PR, Boost Software