update error 80070424

Lastra Sweden

update error 80070424
Hi !
I am going to get crazy very soon because i can´t get my windows updates to
work at all.
Everyime i try to push the button for updates,the error code shows (80070424).
I had tryed to switch on tru the dialog box but it did not work.

Please help me with this problem!!
It have not been working since 2009 my windows update.
I have Norton internet security in my computer,does this disturb my windows
update?

MowGreen

Re: update error 80070424
Lastra Sweden wrote:
> Hi !
> I am going to get crazy very soon because i can´t get my windows updates to
> work at all.
> Everyime i try to push the button for updates,the error code shows (80070424).
> I had tryed to switch on tru the dialog box but it did not work.
>
> Please help me with this problem!!
> It have not been working since 2009 my windows update.
> I have Norton internet security in my computer,does this disturb my windows
> update?

Yes, Norton Internet Security does 'disturb' your Windows update.
Don't go crazy, go here for an explanation as to why. See the Methods
that are listed for Vista/Windows 7:

Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
to install updates: 0x80070424
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002

You can reset Windows Update components by downloading the Fixit from
this page and *saving* it:

How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

When the download finishes, configure the computer to boot to Clean boot:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: The NIS firewall will be disabled now. Check to see that the
native Windows firewall is now ON by opening Windows Firewall in Control
Panel.

Once the system has been Clean booted, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi.
Restart the system when it's finished and see if the system can update
now while *still in the Clean boot state*.

If the system still can not update, suggest you post to the Windows
Update forum as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads

I don't know if there's a Swedish Windows Update forum or if there ever
will be one.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
Ǝиçεl

Re: update error 80070424

>as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:

MowGreen, I am hijacking this thread, only to tell you, thank you, thank you
and thank you, I learn from your posts a lot. Probably, I will lurking in the
forum mencioned following you, and other locals from here over there.

Thank you again, and the Gurus in this neswgruop, and regular helpers.

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Lastra Sweden wrote:
> > Hi !
> > I am going to get crazy very soon because i can´t get my windows updates to
> > work at all.
> > Everyime i try to push the button for updates,the error code shows (80070424).
> > I had tryed to switch on tru the dialog box but it did not work.
> >
> > Please help me with this problem!!
> > It have not been working since 2009 my windows update.
> > I have Norton internet security in my computer,does this disturb my windows
> > update?
> >

> Yes, Norton Internet Security does 'disturb' your Windows update.
> Don't go crazy, go here for an explanation as to why. See the Methods
> that are listed for Vista/Windows 7:
>
> Error message when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites
> to install updates: 0x80070424
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968002
>
> You can reset Windows Update components by downloading the Fixit from
> this page and *saving* it:
>
> How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
>
> When the download finishes, configure the computer to boot to Clean boot:
>
> How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows
> Vista or in Windows 7
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
>
> NOTE: The NIS firewall will be disabled now. Check to see that the
> native Windows firewall is now ON by opening Windows Firewall in Control
> Panel.
>
> Once the system has been Clean booted, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi.
> Restart the system when it's finished and see if the system can update
> now while *still in the Clean boot state*.
>
> If the system still can not update, suggest you post to the Windows
> Update forum as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>
> I don't know if there's a Swedish Windows Update forum or if there ever
> will be one.
>

> MowGreen
> ================
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
> .

MowGreen

Re: update error 80070424
Ǝиçεl wrote:
>> >as this newsgroup will be closed tomorrow, July 1st:
>> >

> MowGreen, I am hijacking this thread, only to tell you, thank you, thank you
> and thank you, I learn from your posts a lot. Probably, I will lurking in the
> forum mencioned following you, and other locals from here over there.
>
> Thank you again, and the Gurus in this neswgruop, and regular helpers.
>

> Ǝиçεl
> ©¿©¬
> -=-

You're welcome and you are way too kind, Ǝиçεl. You're participation in
this newsgroup has been very helpful to those whose computers have
experienced updating issues. Way to go and thanks for pitching in !!!

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com