Another 645 Error Message

John

Another 645 Error Message
Hi folks

This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a
year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve it
for the past 5 days and have run out of patience.

Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available.
Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages
indicating the problem lies there).

Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net
Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5.

Seem to be going in circles. Can't install - get a 645 error code.

Asked MS, but no response yet. 5 days??

According to Add/Remove, these versions of .Net already installed:

Version 1.1
Version 2.0 Service Pack 2
Version 3.0 Service Pack 2

AND, although I keep receiving instructions to install Version 3.5, I see
Version 3.5 on that same list!!!

I tried to follow MS Article ID 923100 on what to do when you receive an
Error 645 code - which says remove all versions and then re-install all
versions that were previously installed - but got nowhere fast.

I was able to remove Version 1.1, but could not remove any of the other
versions. Kept getting the message that "can't be uninstalled, affects other
apps installed....See Link ID 91126". No joy there either.

So, I reinstalled Version 1.1.

Still can't get MS to recognize the Version 3.5 that my Add/Remove list
shows. And, still can't get MS to stop telling me I need to download &
install 3.5 SP 1 & 3.5 Family Update. Grrr.

Still with me?

There's a security update that's critical but I can't download that until
..Net is updated.

Has anyone figured out what is going on with this program and what the
answer is?

I'd really appreciate any help. Read all the other posts but didn't see any
solution that differed from following MS advice on what to do if you get a
645 (and 643) error code.

Anything new?

Anything that works?

Thanks to all. If you got to this point, thanks for your patience too.

John
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Another 645 Error Message

> Hi folks
>
> This may seem late to the game as all prior posts appear to be at least a
> year ago, but I was just asked to solve this riddle. Been trying to solve
> it
> for the past 5 days and have run out of patience.
>
> Running XP (Home) 5.1, Service Pack 3, 32 Bit. Plenty of memory available.
> Have ZoneAlarm Extreme Security running (but not getting any messages
> indicating the problem lies there).
>
> Trying to download & install .Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .Net
> Framework 3.5 Family Update for .Net Versions 2.0 through 3.5.
>
> Seem to be going in circles. Can't install - get a 645 error code.
>
> Asked MS, but no response yet. 5 days??
>
> According to Add/Remove, these versions of .Net already installed:
>
> Version 1.1
> Version 2.0 Service Pack 2
> Version 3.0 Service Pack 2
>
> AND, although I keep receiving instructions to install Version 3.5, I see
> Version 3.5 on that same list!!!
>
> I tried to follow MS Article ID 923100 on what to do when you receive an
> Error 645 code - which says remove all versions and then re-install all
> versions that were previously installed - but got nowhere fast.
>
> I was able to remove Version 1.1, but could not remove any of the other
> versions. Kept getting the message that "can't be uninstalled, affects
> other
> apps installed....See Link ID 91126". No joy there either.
>
> So, I reinstalled Version 1.1.
>
> Still can't get MS to recognize the Version 3.5 that my Add/Remove list
> shows. And, still can't get MS to stop telling me I need to download &
> install 3.5 SP 1 & 3.5 Family Update. Grrr.
>
> Still with me?
>
> There's a security update that's critical but I can't download that until
> .Net is updated.
>
> Has anyone figured out what is going on with this program and what the
> answer is?
>
> I'd really appreciate any help. Read all the other posts but didn't see
> any
> solution that differed from following MS advice on what to do if you get a
> 645 (and 643) error code.
>
> Anything new?
>

> Anything that works?

Diagnosis.