Pleases help

h20kj

Pleases help
I've tried to install these updates numerous times? Is anyone from microsoft
there? I've never got a response from these.

9 results for "WindowsUpdate_00000646" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
1. 1 Windows Update error 80072efd
2. 2 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
3. 3 Windows Update error 80070422, 80244019, or 8DDD0018
4. 4 Windows Update error 8024402C
5. 5 Windows Update error 80070003
6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643
7. 7 Windows Update error 8024001b
8. 8 Windows Update error 800f020b
9. 9 Windows Update error 800f0828

Re: Pleases help
No one from MS here, just us volunteers.

Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next
installation attempt.

Tip: Access the following KB article via IE (32-bit) only, run the Fix It &
reboot before the next installation attempt:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549 [ignore the title, error number,
etc.]

Tip: If no joy, see if you can download the "fullfile" version of the
update(s) via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ or
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/ and then install it/them manually.

Tip: If still no joy & you're running Win7 or Vista, temporarily disable
(turn off) User Account Control (UAC) before the next installation attempt.

• Guided Help: Adjust User Account Control settings in Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787

• Turn User Account Control on or off (Vista)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...trol-on-or-off

NB: Remember to turn UAC back on afterwards!

h20kj wrote:
> I've tried to install these updates numerous times? Is anyone from
> microsoft there? I've never got a response from these.
>
> 9 results for "WindowsUpdate_00000646" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
> 1. 1 Windows Update error 80072efd
> 2. 2 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
> 3. 3 Windows Update error 80070422, 80244019, or 8DDD0018
> 4. 4 Windows Update error 8024402C
> 5. 5 Windows Update error 80070003
> 6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643
> 7. 7 Windows Update error 8024001b
> 8. 8 Windows Update error 800f020b
> 9. 9 Windows Update error 800f0828

Ǝиçεl

RE: Pleases help
h20kj,

In additions to Robear Dyer's comment, keep this notes as a future reference:

1.- Windows Update error 80072efd
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/93b6ab71-8b21-4b50-b40e-abb80eba29271033.mspx>

3.- 0x80070422
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED
The service cannot be started. If BITS service is disabled by the
Administrator, or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED then this error will be seen.
BITS has been disabled. Enable the BITS service.

Start/Run
Type "services.msc"
Click "OK"

Please check the following are started:

1.Automatic Updªtes
2.Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
3.Cryptographic Services
4.Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
5.System Restore Service

To verify that BITS is correctly configured :

1.Double-click `Background Intelligent Transfer Service.`

2.In the Startup type box, click Manual, and then Apply.

3. Click the `Log On` tab, and then verify that the service is enabled in
every hardware profile that you have listed.

If the service is disabled in one or more hardware profiles, click the
hardware profile, Enable, and then Apply.

4. Click the General tab and then Start.

If BITS starts successfully, visit the Windows Update Web site or the
Microsoft Update Web site to see if you can obtain updates. If it works OK,
change (2.) to automªtic.
-

If you still receive the same errors, verify that you have correctly
performed steps 1 through 5.

The necessary service "Automatic Updates" (WUAUSERV) is not started or is
unavailable. Error 0x80070422 (Resolution 1)
<http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?art...>

The necessary service "Automatic Updates" (WUAUSERV) is not started or is
unavailable. Error 0x80070422 (Resolution 2)
<http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?art...>

Error message when you try to install updates by using the Windows Update
Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site: "0x80070422"
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958043>

Windows Vista SP1 Services 411 - Windows Update

Manual updates via Windows Update Version 6 web site still requires Windows
Update, Cryptographic Services, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and
Windows Event Log to be running.
Source:
<http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/Services/Windows_Update.htm>

OR/AND

h20kj,

When was the last time you did a full scan with your antivirus and any other
tool. (Preferably the facts scan in Safe Mode)

The Vundo to be associated with the 1058 error 0x80070422
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED

Perhaps there is your problem.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>

First - ensure you do not have "Vundo". Clean it up if you do.
It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only):
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>
reboot
-=-

<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-
reboot
-=-

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

4.- When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the
0x8024402C error
<http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=30&ln=en>
A misconfigured Proxy/Firewall can cause this problem. Double-check the
Proxy/Firewall settings

<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/261ae42d-8c84-496e-88cb-a46dff5504611033.mspx>

5.- Windows Update error 80070003
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/dc8636cd-4742-4e4e-b07c-a8cc9c684b261033.mspx>

6.- You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will
help with the error 80070643.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643>

7.- Windows Update error 8024001b
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4fdf8e8c-bdf5-417e-a465-dab62fe182391033.mspx>

8.- Windows Update error 800f020b
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/b293f652-20ed-4d34-af07-f2cba6fe68f51033.mspx>

9.- Windows Update error 800f0828
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/10bb2f51-3bac-4689-a567-a575c29cb5381033.mspx>

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

PS
Once you've received a correct answer to your question, either from a
Microsoft employee, an MVP, or the community in general, please reply that
the solution has been answered and what solved it. This step is important,
since it lets other people benefit from your posts.