Vista Windows Update Error Code 80070652

Andrea

Vista Windows Update Error Code 80070652
I keep getting this error code when I try to install my Windows Updates. I
can find no information through Windows on this error code. Any help would
be appreciated.
Thanks
Shenan Stanley

Re: Vista Windows Update Error Code 80070652
Andrea wrote:
> I keep getting this error code when I try to install my Windows Updates.
> can find no information through Windows on this error code. Any help
> would
> be appreciated.

32-bit or 64-bit Windows Vista?

No service pack installed, SP1 installed or SP2 installed?

If 32-bit - have you tried resetting the Windows Update Components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Robert Aldwinckle

"Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting this error code when I try to install my Windows Updates.

> I can find no information through Windows on this error code.

<cmd_output OS="W7">
E:\>set /a c = 0x652
1618
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation
before proceeding with this install.

</cmd_output>

> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista Windows Update Error Code 80070652
Hello Andrea,

0x80070652 - ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING
Error 80070652 means that a previous installation has not been completed
successfully. Restarting computer generally fixes this issue. If this
doesn’t take you anywhere you may proceed with these Windows update
troubleshooting steps.

Method 1: Check for the updates that have failed to install.

While using Windows Update to install this update, get the exact error
message by following this step:

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box,
type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click View update history.

3. Starting from the most recent dates, find an update for Windows that
has failed to install, and then double-click the update to view more
information.

4. Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under
the Status column.

5. In the Windows Update dialog box, find Error details and review the
error code for the failed update.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-problems-with-installing-updates>

Method 2: Download the stand alone package of the updates that have failed
to install.

Please make a note of the KB article number for the specific update which
was failed. Visit Microsoft download center and download the updates manually
from the website.

Microsoft download Center:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx>

Enter the KB article number in the search field and download the same.

Method 3: Run the installation

Once the download completes, click Run to start the installation
immediately. If you’ve saved the download, navigate to the location and run
the installation from the source.

Refer this post which addresses similar issue and follow the multiple
suggestions given.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/officeinstall/thread/2338f96c-31a9-4d56-aa87-adc16bb883a6>
-=-

Please let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains

Hope this helps, if not wait for more responses, please.
-=-

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Andrea" wrote:

> I keep getting this error code when I try to install my Windows Updates. I
> can find no information through Windows on this error code. Any help would
> be appreciated.
> Thanks

Ǝиçεl

RE: Vista Windows Update Error Code 80070652
Hi Andrea,

I should add, in addition to what others have (rightly) said,

Copied яesponse from Eddie Bowers [MSFT]

You may want to look at the following registy keys (via regedit)
If these keys were not cleared after an install it may appear that the
install is still in progress:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Session Manager"
PendingFileRenameOperations

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update"

Reboot Required

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Upd ateExeVolatile"

-Eddie

Good luck
-=-