Error Code 0x80072EFF

MacMelmac

Error Code 0x80072EFF
I had some problems wit Trojan.Gadja.Injected that ruined the file
Userinit.exe.
I ran sfc /Scannow and then MalwareBytes and everything dissapeared.

But I still can't access the Windows Update site, neither through the Icon
in Windows or through the Microsoft Webpage. Everything that has Windows
update int the address-feild opf IE8 ends up on a page where it sais it can't
be shown.
I notice that ther is a warning down to the left in IE8. Error on page. Soem
Java script error perhaps.
The Windows Defender gives me the same erroro code when I try to update the
files.

I have tried to fix around with the Internet Security etc. in the Internet
Options menu, I have tried to re-install SP3, I have tried to re-register the
dll files connectied to the updtae function. I have troed to re-install java.
I have tried everything I can find when I google "Windows Update error".

Please help me.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Error Code 0x80072EFF
Hello MacMelmac,

0x80072EFF ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_RESET
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941>

A general fix, *IF* there's no malware issue, would be to reset the
updating components: How do I reset Windows Update components?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058>

The most effective way to employ the above Fixit is to download, *save* it,
configure the system to Clean boot, then run MicrosoftFixit 50202.msi, and
first choose the Default mode. Restart.

See if the system can update now. If no joy, run it again with the
system connected to the internet, in the Aggressive mode. Restart.

See if the system can update now.

Then UNdo the Clean boot steps and see if it can search for updates in
normal Windows mode.

How to configure Windows XP to start in a clean boot state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353>

I think it's fairly obvious that the computer is not back to it's original
pre-infection state. How do you know that you removed all of the malware
that was installed rebuild format Time to format. ;-(
<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512587.aspx>
-=-

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...=hp-pvdt&sao=1

-=-
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Tro...F-8&fr=hp-pvdt

Hope this helps, if not wait for more responses, please.
-=-

"MacMelmac" wrote:

> I had some problems wit Trojan.Gadja.Injected that ruined the file
> Userinit.exe.
> I ran sfc /Scannow and then MalwareBytes and everything dissapeared.
>
> But I still can't access the Windows Update site, neither through the Icon
> in Windows or through the Microsoft Webpage. Everything that has Windows
> update int the address-feild opf IE8 ends up on a page where it sais it can't
> be shown.
> I notice that ther is a warning down to the left in IE8. Error on page. Soem
> Java script error perhaps.
> The Windows Defender gives me the same erroro code when I try to update the
> files.
>
> I have tried to fix around with the Internet Security etc. in the Internet
> Options menu, I have tried to re-install SP3, I have tried to re-register the
> dll files connectied to the updtae function. I have troed to re-install java.
> I have tried everything I can find when I google "Windows Update error".
>
> Please help me.

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFF
MacMelmac wrote:
> I had some problems wit Trojan.Gadja.Injected that ruined the file
> Userinit.exe.
> I ran sfc /Scannow and then MalwareBytes and everything dissapeared.
>
> But I still can't access the Windows Update site, neither through the Icon
> in Windows or through the Microsoft Webpage. Everything that has Windows
> update int the address-feild opf IE8 ends up on a page where it sais it
> can't be shown.
> I notice that ther is a warning down to the left in IE8. Error on page.
> Soem
> Java script error perhaps.
> The Windows Defender gives me the same erroro code when I try to update
> the
> files.
>
> I have tried to fix around with the Internet Security etc. in the Internet
> Options menu, I have tried to re-install SP3, I have tried to re-register
> the dll files connectied to the updtae function. I have troed to
> re-install
> java. I have tried everything I can find when I google "Windows Update
> error".

<paste>
> I have Windows XP SP3

You also have much more work to do!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...prid=7552&st=1

Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now post the requested logs in an appropriate forum for assistance by an
expert in such matters. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!

I can recommend the expert assistance offered in these forums:
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php, and
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

MacMelmac

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFF
My F-Secure is Client Security V8, so it's not the latest but it is updateing
everything automaticly every day. I will by the 2010 version next time I
re-install Win XP next time.

Still I can download the updates manually from Microsoft Download center.

I have downloaded and used MSRT, but I will try the "transfer from a clean
machine" thing.

I have also used OneCare Live, and it found several infected Java files. I
will try to run it in safe-mode aswell.

I discovered that when I try to click on the "solve connection problem" (Or
what it's called, I have Swedish language) when the empty WU page comes up, I
get Java Error. I can see that down in the left corner of IE8.

I uninstalled JAVA and re-installed the update 20, but still thew same error.
(Something with //IFrame line 264.) I have saved the error code and will
post it later.

It's very strange because all of the posts I found about the
Trojan.Gadja.Injected seem to be out of trouble when they got rid of it. I'm
pretty dure there is something else here that is not right.

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFF
Move on to Step #3 now.

MacMelmac wrote:
> My F-Secure is Client Security V8, so it's not the latest but it is
> updateing everything automaticly every day. I will by the 2010 version
> next
> time I re-install Win XP next time.
>
> Still I can download the updates manually from Microsoft Download center.
>
> I have downloaded and used MSRT, but I will try the "transfer from a clean
> machine" thing.
>
> I have also used OneCare Live, and it found several infected Java files. I
> will try to run it in safe-mode aswell.
>
> I discovered that when I try to click on the "solve connection problem"
> (Or
> what it's called, I have Swedish language) when the empty WU page comes
> up,
> I get Java Error. I can see that down in the left corner of IE8.
>
> I uninstalled JAVA and re-installed the update 20, but still thew same
> error. (Something with //IFrame line 264.) I have saved the error code and
> will post it later.
>
> It's very strange because all of the posts I found about the
> Trojan.Gadja.Injected seem to be out of trouble when they got rid of it.
> I'm
> pretty dure there is something else here that is not right.

MacMelmac

Re: Error Code 0x80072EFF
Thanx for the effort.

My DVD-drives started to behave suspiciously aswell, so I have made a
complete re-installation (New partition)

Off Topic but I ask anyway: I use F-secure, Ad-Aware and I have also
installed Malwarebytes and WIndows Defender. Yeap, I'm ver paranoid.

Any suggestions what security programs to have installed and what programs I
don't need?