Error codes 643-646

POO

Error codes 643-646
fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?
Shenan Stanley

Re: Error codes 643-646
POO wrote:
> fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several
> different ways but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this
> problem?

No specifics given, nothing to give you back.

Which updates?
Which Windows operating system?
What service pack level is said operating system?
Is it 32 or 64-bit?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ǝиçεl

RE: Error codes 643-646
Tell us about the "several different ways but to no avail" you have tried so
we do not waste time duplicating those suggestions.
-=-

"POO" wrote:

> fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
> but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

GWRider

RE: Error codes 643-646
After receiving this error message multiple times, I followed the suggestion
from another poster, I disabled my network adaptor, ran the install again and
it worked, all of the updates installed without error.

"POO" wrote:

> fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
> but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

Ǝиçεl

RE: Error codes 643-646
Hi GWRider,

Thanks for the report. You are helping others with your results.
-=-

"GWRider" wrote:

> After receiving this error message multiple times, I followed the suggestion
> from another poster, I disabled my network adaptor, ran the install again and
> it worked, all of the updates installed without error.
>

> "POO" wrote:
>
> > fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
> > but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

AKumar

RE: Error codes 643-646
Hi

How do you disable network adaptor, please? I am having same problem with
installing KB979906 and error is 0X643

ak

"GWRider" wrote:

> After receiving this error message multiple times, I followed the suggestion
> from another poster, I disabled my network adaptor, ran the install again and
> it worked, all of the updates installed without error.
>

> "POO" wrote:
>
> > fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
> > but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

Bickford Schmeckler

Re: Error codes 643-646
Did you even both to consider Google?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...etwork-adapter

"AKumar" <AKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi
:
: "GWRider" wrote:
:
: > After receiving this error message multiple times, I followed the
suggestion
: > from another poster, I disabled my network adaptor, ran the install
again and
: > it worked, all of the updates installed without error.
: >
: >
: > "POO" wrote:
: >
: > > fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different
ways
: > > but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

kelley1021

RE: Error codes 643-646
What is a network adaptor. I'm a senior citizen working with windows 7 and
can not download any of the last 6 updates for excel, and the rest of them.
Help

"GWRider" wrote:

> After receiving this error message multiple times, I followed the suggestion
> from another poster, I disabled my network adaptor, ran the install again and
> it worked, all of the updates installed without error.
>

> "POO" wrote:
>
> > fail to down load updates when notified. Have tried several different ways
> > but to no avail.anyone know of a to solve this problem?

CWBridge

RE: Error codes 643-646