Success with KB97906

scratchhead

Success with KB97906
Low tech person found solution for his recurring Windows Update for Microsoft
>NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP

(KB979906).

I read earlier to uninstall NET 1.1 from Add/Unistall.
1) I did that.
2) I downloaded and re-installed NET 1.1.
3) I downloaded and installed NET 1.1 SP1.
4) I downloaded and installed KB979906.

I did all this through Microsoft Update. (It seems the installs through
Windows Automatic Update wouldn't work.) Also,

5) After KB979906 was installed, I found about ten minutes later that
ngen.exe starting working. I waited for it to stop working after several
minutes. After all was quiet on the hard drive, then I re-booted. AND, so
far, no recurring update for KB979906.

For me, this is success. I hope what I learned from someone earlier here can
help another simple person trying to keep their PC running.

If this didn't work for you, then I am sorry. These problems are so
frustrating, especially when you are trying to get work done.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Success with KB97906
Thank you for sharing.

You are helping others with your results.
-=-

"scratchhead" wrote:

> Low tech person found solution for his recurring Windows Update for Microsoft
> >NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP

> (KB979906).
>
> I read earlier to uninstall NET 1.1 from Add/Unistall.
> 1) I did that.
> 2) I downloaded and re-installed NET 1.1.
> 3) I downloaded and installed NET 1.1 SP1.
> 4) I downloaded and installed KB979906.
>
> I did all this through Microsoft Update. (It seems the installs through
> Windows Automatic Update wouldn't work.) Also,
>
> 5) After KB979906 was installed, I found about ten minutes later that
> ngen.exe starting working. I waited for it to stop working after several
> minutes. After all was quiet on the hard drive, then I re-booted. AND, so
> far, no recurring update for KB979906.
>
> For me, this is success. I hope what I learned from someone earlier here can
> help another simple person trying to keep their PC running.
>
> If this didn't work for you, then I am sorry. These problems are so
> frustrating, especially when you are trying to get work done.

DONM

RE: Success with KB97906
I just tried it and it worked for me as well. Thanks for the help, it was
extremely frustrating.

"scratchhead" wrote:

> Low tech person found solution for his recurring Windows Update for Microsoft
> >NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP

> (KB979906).
>
> I read earlier to uninstall NET 1.1 from Add/Unistall.
> 1) I did that.
> 2) I downloaded and re-installed NET 1.1.
> 3) I downloaded and installed NET 1.1 SP1.
> 4) I downloaded and installed KB979906.
>
> I did all this through Microsoft Update. (It seems the installs through
> Windows Automatic Update wouldn't work.) Also,
>
> 5) After KB979906 was installed, I found about ten minutes later that
> ngen.exe starting working. I waited for it to stop working after several
> minutes. After all was quiet on the hard drive, then I re-booted. AND, so
> far, no recurring update for KB979906.
>
> For me, this is success. I hope what I learned from someone earlier here can
> help another simple person trying to keep their PC running.
>
> If this didn't work for you, then I am sorry. These problems are so
> frustrating, especially when you are trying to get work done.

Re: Success with KB97906
When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982