KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install

arnoldkrg

KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
email and was simply referred back to here.

I have the following in update history:

Error Code: 0x643
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources.

BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11720
Date: 12/06/2010
Time: 11:23:31
User: xxxxxxxxx
Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
Line 22, Column 14,

Data:
0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}

Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)
arnoldkrg

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
I should also tell you that I am running Windows XP Pro service pack 3 with
all required updates (except the problem ones) installed. AVG Antivirus
installed Spybot search and destroy installed and Adaware. BUT I have
disabled all of those whilst trying to install the updates to no avail.

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

Larry H36

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install

-- KB979906 will not install and really wants to keep coming back. A real
pain.,
Larry H.

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> I should also tell you that I am running Windows XP Pro service pack 3 with
> all required updates (except the problem ones) installed. AVG Antivirus
> installed Spybot search and destroy installed and Adaware. BUT I have
> disabled all of those whilst trying to install the updates to no avail.
>
> "arnoldkrg" wrote:
>
> > The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> > Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> > have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> > twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> > I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> > email and was simply referred back to here.
> >
> > I have the following in update history:
> >
> > Error Code: 0x643
> > Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> > resources.
> >

> > BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MsiInstaller
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 11720
> > Date: 12/06/2010
> > Time: 11:23:31
> > User: xxxxxxxxx
> > Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> > Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> > Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> > could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> > action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> > error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> > Line 22, Column 14,

> > Data:
> > 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> > 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> > 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> > 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> > 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
> >

> > Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> > been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> > enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> > it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

Peter Foldes

Re: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
See the following

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...error-80070643

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"arnoldkrg" <arnoldkrg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

CottonRLS

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
I've got the same problem with two of the three files you mentioned('09 and
'06). I get the same error code, but no instruction as to what to do to fix
it. I'm hoping someone here can enlighten us poor slobs.

CottonRLS

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

Candycanessss

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
I got the same error code and after several hours and no help (the Microsoft
tech was in my computer remotely and eventually HE goes to a web page and
google's it - OMG - I could do that myself. Anyway, this was my solution and
it worked for me (and please note I DID NOT uninstall ANYTHING manually -
just downloaded the items again - could not understand any of the MS
instructions for uninstalling - messed up my computer doing them - got more
error codes and then used the SYSTEM RESTORE feature to restore computer to
previous day before the updates and my screw ups trying to fix it).

So, use SYSTEM RESTORE if you think you messed up, then:

I had the issue with NET framework 1.1 not being able to install. Other
people have had .NET 3.5 etc, but the process should be the same.

I decided if it was an issue with 1.1 (or 3.5 etc) I would try re-installing
it without uninstalling as some people have suggested. Uninstalling was too
risky as it messed up something else, causing me to click on START and then
go to system restore to previous day (hence I wouldn't advise uninstalling
any .NET manually if you don't know what the heck you're doing, or why).

I went to microsoft.com, then to DOWNLOADS, then on the right
hand side it says frequent destinations or something, DOWNLOAD CENTER. In the
download center box I typed .NET framework 1.1 and reinstalled it and the 1.1
service pack too. So, you could try this - type in the versions of .NET
framework it says didn't work, click download for each, and also check for SP
(service pack) updates too. After that was done (and I did get one error
message that something was shutting down during this too), I clicked on that
darned yellow shield again and it installed fine and restarted fine too. Not
sure if this will help you or anyone else, but I hope so!

Apparently MS was aware this would be an issue for some - shame their
website doesn't help more!

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

78goldwing

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
I'm having the same ongoing issues with this same 3 updates. It would be nice
if Microsoft would address these issues.

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

arnoldkrg

RE: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
I have further information which may be of help. I found this article via
google:

http://wmug.co.uk/blogs/peter/archiv...ft-fix-it.aspx

Apparently these updates come with Fix it 50123 as part of the whole update
package. It is the Fix it 50123 part of the package which is failing. I
verified this by trying to manually apply Fix it 50123 from:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921050

This installation also failed with the same error message as before:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11720
Date: 12/06/2010
Time: 17:02:01
User: xxxxxxxxxx
Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
Line 22, Column 14,

Data:

"arnoldkrg" wrote:

> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It 50123. I
> have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework packages
> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and still
> I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for assistance via
> email and was simply referred back to here.
>
> I have the following in update history:
>
> Error Code: 0x643
> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
> resources.
>

> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 11720
> Date: 12/06/2010
> Time: 11:23:31
> User: xxxxxxxxx
> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this
> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom
> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript runtime
> error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
> Line 22, Column 14,

> Data:
> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>

> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I have
> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to run
> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I believe)

Re: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
Did you disable Spybot Tea Timer?

Reposting...

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979909

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB979909).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.

arnoldkrg wrote:
> I should also tell you that I am running Windows XP Pro service pack 3
> with
> all required updates (except the problem ones) installed. AVG Antivirus
> installed Spybot search and destroy installed and Adaware. BUT I have
> disabled all of those whilst trying to install the updates to no avail.
>
> "arnoldkrg" wrote:
>
>> The three .NET updates fail to install. I have manually deleted all .Net
>> Framework packages and reinstalled. I have applied Microsoft Fix It
>> 50123.
>> I have used the .NET cleanup tool to uninstall all .NET Framework
>> packages
>> twice and reinstalled in the correct order (3.5 first then 1.1 etc) and
>> still I cannot get these updates to install. I opened a request for
>> assistance via email and was simply referred back to here.
>>
>> I have the following in update history:
>>
>> Error Code: 0x643
>> Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the
>> following
>> resources.
>>

>> BUT the event log for each failed update is as follows:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: MsiInstaller
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 11720
>> Date: 12/06/2010
>> Time: 11:23:31
>> User: xxxxxxxxx
>> Computer: xxxxxxxxxx
>> Product: Microsoft Fix it 50123 -- Error 1720. There is a problem with
>> this
>> Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete
>> could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
>> Custom
>> action RUN_32_PARSEARG script error -2146827859, Microsoft VBScript
>> runtime
>> error: ActiveX component can't create object:
>> 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
>> Line 22, Column 14,

>> Data:
>> 0000: 7b 39 32 41 43 35 46 35 {92AC5F5
>> 0008: 39 2d 39 39 39 39 2d 34 9-9999-4
>> 0010: 30 32 39 2d 39 43 31 45 029-9C1E
>> 0018: 2d 42 43 32 44 33 36 44 -BC2D36D
>> 0020: 30 46 45 46 30 7d 0FEF0}
>>

>> Perhaps the event log may help someone help me to fix this problem. I
>> have
>> been trying to fix this for days now. Ihave tried to run scripten.exe to
>> enable scripting but that says my software is newer and I dont need to
>> run
>> it. I have also reinstalled the winows installer latest version (I
>> believe)

Re: KB976569 KB979909 KB979906 fail to install
If the KB921050 Fix It resolves your problems, someone's still VERY WRONG
with your computer!