Windows XP Update problem help needed..

kraut

Windows XP Update problem help needed..

Am running

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3

Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
following updates available:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
Windows XP x86 (KB982168)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
(KB979909)

I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
the 2 above.

I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
group please.

TIA

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
Asked/Answered in WinXP General.

[Patience is a virtue.]

kraut wrote:
> Am running
>
> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
>
> Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
> following updates available:
>

> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
> Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
>

> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
> Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
> (KB979909)
>

> I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
> they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
> back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
> downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
> they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
> control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
> the 2 above.
>
> I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
> group please.
>
> TIA

kraut

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..

Thanks much

>Asked/Answered in WinXP General.
>
>[Patience is a virtue.]
>

>kraut wrote:
>> Am running
>>
>> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
>> Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
>>
>> Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
>> following updates available:
>>

>> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
>> Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
>>

>> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
>> Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
>> (KB979909)
>>

>> I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
>> they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
>> back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
>> downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
>> they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
>> control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
>> the 2 above.
>>
>> I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
>> group please.
>>
>> TIA

Dave

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
Useless answer without a link.

How about posting a link to where the problem was actually solved rather
than making folks search for it?

Have the same problem in Windows Server 20093 on two machines.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Asked/Answered in WinXP General.
>
> [Patience is a virtue.]
>

> kraut wrote:
> > Am running
> >
> > Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> > Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
> >
> > Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
> > following updates available:
> >

> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
> > Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
> >

> > Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
> > Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
> > (KB979909)
> >

> > I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
> > they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
> > back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
> > downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
> > they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
> > control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
> > the 2 above.
> >
> > I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
> > group please.
> >
> > TIA

> .

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
Who cares?

How about beginning your own thread about /your/ "Windows Server 20093"
computers & problems?

Dave wrote:
> Useless answer without a link.
>
> How about posting a link to where the problem was actually solved rather
> than making folks search for it?
>
> Have the same problem in Windows Server 20093 on two machines.

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
Windows Server 20093 is beyond our knowledge and our lifetime.My great great
grandsons third born child will know more about it. :-)

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

> Who cares?
>
> How about beginning your own thread about /your/ "Windows Server 20093" computers
> & problems?
>

> Dave wrote:
>> Useless answer without a link.
>>
>> How about posting a link to where the problem was actually solved rather
>> than making folks search for it?
>>
>> Have the same problem in Windows Server 20093 on two machines.

Huapakechi

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
I'm running the same OS, version, and Service Pack. I'm also having the same
problem.

What was the answer that PA Bear didn't bother to post?

"kraut" wrote:

> Thanks much
>

> >Asked/Answered in WinXP General.
> >
> >[Patience is a virtue.]
> >

> >kraut wrote:
> >> Am running
> >>
> >> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> >> Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3
> >>
> >> Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the
> >> following updates available:
> >>

> >> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and
> >> Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
> >>

> >> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security
> >> Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86
> >> (KB979909)
> >>

> >> I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed
> >> they succeeded along with the others but when I restart system and go
> >> back to the update site it lists them again but shows they are
> >> downloaded and ready to install so I install them again and it shows
> >> they succeded again. But when I go to add / remove programs in
> >> control panel and have it show updates it shows all the updates except
> >> the 2 above.
> >>
> >> I need some help as to what to do here. Hurry before MS cuts this
> >> group please.
> >>
> >> TIA

> .

Re: Windows XP Update problem help needed..
kraut's original thread in WinXP General newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...15b02889e74610

Also see
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...e=utf8&oe=utf8