> "Frank" wrote:
>> Windows update does not work, not automaticly, nor manualy. It looks like the
>> updates are downloaded to my computer, but then the proces stops and I get
>> the message that de update has failed. In the history I see the error-code
>> 0x80246008. Canb anyone help?
A download manager operation failed because the download manager was
unable to connect the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
Please see: How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
Try another attempt at updating. If/when it fails, please post back and
include the below requested information -
1) The edition of Windows installed and it's Service Pack level
2) Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the
WindowsUpdate.log into your reply
3) What is the installed antivirus/security suite; is it's subscription
current; was any malware detected when the system was last scanned ?
4) Is a 3rd party firewall being used; if yes, what is it ?
5) How long this error has been occurring ?
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked