what is watch.wtc file

smiles_ny

what is watch.wtc file
Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we
never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone know. I
put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on thier
computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it get
there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

Re: what is watch.wtc file
How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
>
> smiles_ny wrote:
> > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we
> > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
> > know.
> > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
> > thier
> > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it
> > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

> .

Michael

Re: what is watch.wtc file
Let's try this again. PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
Windows Update. You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
newsgroup, don't you? Your question has nothing to do with Windows Update.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont
>> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
>> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
>> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
>> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
>> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have
>> used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
>>
>> smiles_ny wrote:
>> > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and
>> > we
>> > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
>> > know.
>> > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
>> > thier
>> > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did
>> > it
>> > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

>> .

Ǝиçεl

Re: what is watch.wtc file
If I were you, the first thing I would do is ...........Research

Yahoo
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=wat...F-8&fr=hp-pvdt

Google is your friend, the best way to search is using Google Groups Advanced
newsgroup search at
<http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&;;>

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rs=&safe =off

Bing
http://www.bing.com/search?mkt=en-us...e+&form=MSSBMN

Good luck
-=-

"smiles_ny" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
> >
> > smiles_ny wrote:
> > > Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and we
> > > never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
> > > know.
> > > I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
> > > thier
> > > computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did it
> > > get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

> > .

Re: what is watch.wtc file
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

cf. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3171803AAs4wh8

smiles_ny wrote:
> ...we dont
> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used
> that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.

<edit>
>> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<

</edit>
>> smiles_ny wrote:
>>> Found this file under "My Pictures" it was called " watch.wtc file and
>>> we
>>> never put it there....wouldnt open ,,I deleted it . What is it anyone
>>> know.
>>> I put it in search and others say they have found it in same place on
>>> thier
>>> computers but no one is giving a explanation to what it is and how did
>>> it
>>> get there.Will look for a reply tomorrow,,thanks !

smiles_ny

Re: what is watch.wtc file
sorry PA Bear,,,its windows XP

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> cf. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3171803AAs4wh8
>
> smiles_ny wrote:
> > ...we dont
> > know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> > found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> > what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> > ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> > have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have used
> > that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.
> >

> <edit>
> >> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<

> </edit>

> .

smiles_ny

Re: what is watch.wtc file
yes i do realize,i didnt know if maybe its possible that that was put there
because of a windows update i did,thats why i asked. Why did you write that
below Michael ? I wouldnt pick a fight with anyone ever.

"Michael" wrote:

> Let's try this again. PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
> Windows Update. You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
> newsgroup, don't you? Your question has nothing to do with Windows Update.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> How does your question pertain to Windows Update functionality?<<we dont
> >> know if that file will effect Windows functionality PA Bear,,we had just
> >> found it ,it was dated like it had been there one week ,wanted to know
> >> what it is and if it could hurt windows Function is why we came here to
> >> ask the question...hopefully it wasnt a virus or something that shouldnt
> >> have been there,,was hoping you would know.So far ,as much as we have
> >> used that computer its seemed ok ,but I came here to ask the experts.

> >> .
> >>

> .

Michael

Re: what is watch.wtc file
Did you notice the file after a specific Windows Update. If so, which one.
If not, your post has nothing to do with Windows Update. Have you googled
"watch.wtc" to see if anything turned up? I have. This is the most common
answer:

"This file type is a standard encrypted Watertec database and can be
accessed and read only by the import/export facility within Watertec.
Watertec is a software program utilized only by large companies,
organizations, groups and councils. The Watertec software and database is
not available to the general public."

What you read below this is called a signature.

--

> yes i do realize,i didnt know if maybe its possible that that was put
> there
> because of a windows update i did,thats why i asked. Why did you write
> that
> below Michael ? I wouldnt pick a fight with anyone ever.
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Let's try this again. PA Bear was asking you what this has to do with
>> Windows Update. You do realize you're posting this to the Windows Update
>> newsgroup, don't you? Your question has nothing to do with Windows
>> Update.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "smiles_ny" <smilesny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> .

smiles_ny

Re: what is watch.wtc file
thank you michael for responding,,my husband and i appreciate everyones help
here .