Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

How to cancel download?

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010
Max
 

Posts: n/a
How to cancel download?
My internet-connection is very slow. XP started automatically update-download,
it runs since 24 hours. No work in internet is possible, because the
download needs all resources.

How can i cancel this download????
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
RE: How to cancel download?
Hello Max,

Which Windows Update are you referring to?

And which updates did you install?

Please state which Windows Service Pack level ?
Also, could you supply some information on what your Firewall is, Anti-virus,
other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality
called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in antivirus package)
Ad-Aware, etc?
Please do so in your next reply.

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>

Have you run a check for spyware, viruses etc. on your hard drive recently.

A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS)
and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) .

There is a fяee version (on demand scanning only)

1.- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
<http://www.malwarebytes.com/>

2.- (SAS) Same as above.
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-

3.- Run a scan online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>

Also, please report the result of the 3 scans in your next reply.
-=-



"Max" wrote:

> My internet-connection is very slow. XP started automatically update-download,
> it runs since 24 hours. No work in internet is possible, because the
> download needs all resources.
>
> How can i cancel this download????

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010
Max
 

Posts: n/a
RE: How to cancel download?
Thank you,

but its too complicated. I dont know anything about wirewall ans spyware and
so on.
It needs half an hour to open a website, so i can't download some utilities.

I just want to know: where is the "cancel-button" for started downloads from
the Windows-update center?

I know:
Service Pack 3 is installed.

Thanks for Help!!!


"Ǝиçεl" wrote:

> Hello Max,
>
> Which Windows Update are you referring to?
>
> And which updates did you install?
>
> Please state which Windows Service Pack level ?
> Also, could you supply some information on what your Firewall is, Anti-virus,
> other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality
> called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in antivirus package)
> Ad-Aware, etc?
> Please do so in your next reply.
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
>
> Have you run a check for spyware, viruses etc. on your hard drive recently.
>
> A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS)
> and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) .
>
> There is a fяee version (on demand scanning only)
>
> 1.- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
> <http://www.malwarebytes.com/>
>
> 2.- (SAS) Same as above.
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
> -=-
>
> 3.- Run a scan online and clean it for free!
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
>
> Also, please report the result of the 3 scans in your next reply.
> -=-
>
>
>
> "Max" wrote:
>
> > My internet-connection is very slow. XP started automatically update-download,
> > it runs since 24 hours. No work in internet is possible, because the
> > download needs all resources.
> >
> > How can i cancel this download????

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-09-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: How to cancel download?
Reboot?

Max wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> but its too complicated. I dont know anything about wirewall ans spyware
> and
> so on.
> It needs half an hour to open a website, so i can't download some
> utilities.
>
> I just want to know: where is the "cancel-button" for started downloads
> from
> the Windows-update center?
>
> I know:
> Service Pack 3 is installed.
>
> Thanks for Help!!!
>
>
> "Ǝиçεl" wrote:
>
>> Hello Max,
>>
>> Which Windows Update are you referring to?
>>
>> And which updates did you install?
>>
>> Please state which Windows Service Pack level ?
>> Also, could you supply some information on what your Firewall is,
>> Anti-virus, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced
>> functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in
>> antivirus package) Ad-Aware, etc?
>> Please do so in your next reply.
>>
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>
>>
>> Have you run a check for spyware, viruses etc. on your hard drive
>> recently.
>>
>> A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS)
>> and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) .
>>
>> There is a fяee version (on demand scanning only)
>>
>> 1.- MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
>> <http://www.malwarebytes.com/>
>>
>> 2.- (SAS) Same as above.
>> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
>> -=-
>>
>> 3.- Run a scan online and clean it for free!
>> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
>>
>> Also, please report the result of the 3 scans in your next reply.
>> -=-
>>
>>
>>
>> "Max" wrote:
>>
>>> My internet-connection is very slow. XP started automatically
>>> update-download, it runs since 24 hours. No work in internet is
>>> possible,
>>> because the
>>> download needs all resources.
>>>
>>> How can i cancel this download????


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2010
Eddie Bowers [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
RE: How to cancel download?
You will need to stop the BITS service (Background Intellegent Transfer
Service).
If you start a command prompt and type
net stop bits
it will stop the service.
You will then need to clear the BITS quueue or it will attempt to download
it again once the service starts again (on reboot).
to do this run:
ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr0.dat" qmgr0.dat.old
ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat" qmgr1.dat.old
net start bits

-Eddie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cancel none microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 01-10-2009 22:45
problems supressing file download dialog box (open-save-cancel) GADOI microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 3 01-09-2009 14:47
how to cancel upgrade cking30 microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 12-03-2008 17:26
PLEASE CANCEL THIS EMAIL A. JOYCE THIELE microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 11-17-2007 21:59
How do I cancel download message later? Simon Cook microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 07-11-2007 20:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120