Normal windows update

annette

Normal windows update
I keep getting error messages from my anti-virus software because: whenever
the windows update software activates and I try to get updated I get the
following message on your site: [Error number: 0x80070020]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

It cannot update. Your help options are useless. I am no programmer. Your
system cannot find the update page. I worked with one of your programmer
assistants for a while. Nothing worked. I gave up. Put up the OLD system,
please. You make everything more and more complicated.

What is wrong that the proper page for my updates cannot be found on YOUR
system?

I even went to your download page, which is almost impossible to find from
the update page, and downloaded some of the update packages and installed
them. But they are not eliminated from the list of updates my anti-virus
reports are supposedly missing.

Please do something to fix this problem.

Ǝиçεl

RE: Normal windows update
Hello Annette,

When requesting help in a newsgroup or a forum, please state your full
Windows version, edition, and service pack level, IE version? and perhaps
what other antivirus Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you
may have installed.
Please do so in your next reply.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>

0x80070020 -2147024864 STIERR_SHARING_VIOLATION The process cannot access
the file because it is being used by another process
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;883825>
If you're running SpyBot S&D's "teatimer" then you'll need to end the
process in task manager

Switching off anti-virus scanner while updating
Disable all anti-virus, anti-spyware (including TeaTimer) product before
attempting Windows Update.

The most common cause of this is an anti-virus or anti-spyware product with
an on-access scanning feature.

ALWAYS disable any anti-virus or anti-spyware product before attempting any
Windows Update.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...3-ec512f714c89

"annette" wrote:

> I keep getting error messages from my anti-virus software because: whenever
> the windows update software activates and I try to get updated I get the
> following message on your site: [Error number: 0x80070020]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
>
> It cannot update. Your help options are useless. I am no programmer. Your
> system cannot find the update page. I worked with one of your programmer
> assistants for a while. Nothing worked. I gave up. Put up the OLD system,
> please. You make everything more and more complicated.
>
> What is wrong that the proper page for my updates cannot be found on YOUR
> system?
>
> I even went to your download page, which is almost impossible to find from
> the update page, and downloaded some of the update packages and installed
> them. But they are not eliminated from the list of updates my anti-virus
> reports are supposedly missing.
>
> Please do something to fix this problem.

Re: Normal windows update
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

> I keep getting error messages from my anti-virus software

What's your anti-virus application got to do with it? Speaking of which...

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

> Please do something to fix this problem.

No, *you* have to do something to fix this problem.

You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the
Microsoft Update Web site to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825

annette wrote:
> I keep getting error messages from my anti-virus software because:
> whenever
> the windows update software activates and I try to get updated I get the
> following message on your site: [Error number: 0x80070020]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
>
> It cannot update. Your help options are useless. I am no programmer. Your
> system cannot find the update page. I worked with one of your programmer
> assistants for a while. Nothing worked. I gave up. Put up the OLD system,
> please. You make everything more and more complicated.
>
> What is wrong that the proper page for my updates cannot be found on YOUR
> system?
>
> I even went to your download page, which is almost impossible to find from
> the update page, and downloaded some of the update packages and installed
> them. But they are not eliminated from the list of updates my anti-virus
> reports are supposedly missing.
>
> Please do something to fix this problem.

Michael

Re: Normal windows update
"annette" <annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting error messages from my anti-virus software because:
> whenever
> the windows update software activates and I try to get updated I get the
> following message on your site: [Error number: 0x80070020]
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the
> problem.
>
> It cannot update. Your help options are useless. I am no programmer. Your
> system cannot find the update page. I worked with one of your programmer
> assistants for a while. Nothing worked. I gave up. Put up the OLD system,
> please. You make everything more and more complicated.
>
> What is wrong that the proper page for my updates cannot be found on YOUR
> system?
>
> I even went to your download page, which is almost impossible to find from
> the update page, and downloaded some of the update packages and installed
> them. But they are not eliminated from the list of updates my anti-virus
> reports are supposedly missing.
>
> Please do something to fix this problem.

No one here works for Microsoft. The people here are volunteers, so crying
here will do you no good.
What will help is information. You know, simple stuff like OS, SP#,
32/64bit, current virus protection and/or anti-malware, (especially spybot).
I don't understand your anti-virus giving you this warning unless a third
party firewall is blocking the site. If you're running Norton, disable it
before you go to Windows Update and see if that works. My guess is you're
infected. Before your next reply download and run the free versions of
these:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.superantispyware.com/

--