Windows Media Center Update

Lost_Soul O_o

Windows Media Center Update
This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
(Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it
said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered
"ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.

Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
to Windows 7.

Re: Windows Media Center Update
You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]
when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Has Vista SP1 and/or SP2 been installed yet?

Is Automatic Updates enabled & working?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Lost_Soul O_o wrote:
> This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
> (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC
> it
> said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I
> encountered
> "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.
>
> Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
> I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
> I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
> to Windows 7.

MowGreen

Re: Windows Media Center Update
Check the WindowsUpdate.log to see if this is the update that was
offered: How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

The most recent entries are towards the bottom of the WU.log.
Unless you've installed it previously, KB977864 should be showing as one
of the updates that was detected.

(KB977864) February 2010 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center TV
Pack for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977864

0x80072EFD ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

First try - Remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy
configuration

" To remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration
for Windows Vista, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. *Right-click* cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as
administrator.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or click Continue.

3. Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy

Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there
is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the
Command Prompt window.

4. To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command
and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp reset proxy "

To close the Command Prompt window type
exit
Press Enter

Open Windows Update in the Control Panel. Click the 'Check for updates'
link in the left frame. Can the system access the Update servers and
download the update now ?

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Lost_Soul O_o wrote:
> This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
> (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it
> said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered
> "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.
>
> Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
> I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
> I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
> to Windows 7.

Lost_Soul O_o

Re: Windows Media Center Update
I would like to thank all of you for your help, but I seen to be having
problems downloading all of the updates (service packs included). Every time
I click the final link to the downloads it said the site is down.
Again, its a shame but if I can't locate what exactly the problem is myself
then I'll have to put this down.

Internet TV is not that necessary...