Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182

dalia

Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
I'll appreciate any help...
Michael

Re: Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
You need to increase your leg strength? Aside from that our resident mind
reader should be returning from Alpha Centuri in the next millennium. I
suggest you start making popcorn now.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"dalia" <dalia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'll appreciate any help...

Don MacKenzie is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post
I'll appreciate any help...
In your system log, do you see disk errors?

If so, you had the same problem as me. I've rolled back the update for now.
Ǝиçεl

RE: Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
Hello Dalia,

When requesting help in a newsgroup or forum, please state your full Windows
version, edition and service pack level, and perhaps what other antivirus,
Security suite and firewall or antimalware software you may have installed.
Please do so in your next reply.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375>

"dalia" wrote:

> I'll appreciate any help...

Re: Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
Windows version? IE version?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

=====================================

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB980182).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE
(e.g., KB980182), call the above number and ask to be transferred to the
Consumer IE7 queue (which is 47830).

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Or you can...

dalia wrote:
> I'll appreciate any help...

sarky

"dalia" wrote:

> I'll appreciate any help...

I also have this problem though it is occassionally. It does not matter
where I visit when surfing from home it could be a social network site, an
academic site or even a news group. Suddenly the browser freezes and closing
it down to open a fresh window is a complete waste of my time. Pressing F5
does nothing. Prior to the automatic loading of this update I had absolutely
no problems.
John

RE: Can't surf after installing update ‏KB980182
Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking up
the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.

John wrote:
> Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
> and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking
> up the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
> everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
> but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.

How come 99.9% of those who installed KB980182 have NOT experienced such
problems?

alex3410

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> John wrote:
> > Just want to add that I had this problem with Win7 64bit. After installing
> > and rebooting my web browsers (any an all) started freezing up and locking
> > up the whole system. My PC became unusable. I uninstalled the update and
> > everything went back to normal so as of now the update is still in my list
> > but I won't be installing it due to its crippling effect.

> How come 99.9% of those who installed KB980182 have NOT experienced such
> problems?
>
> .

hopefuly it will be 99.98% as i have been having the same problems after
this update going to remove it now and cross my fingers it solves the problem