Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

Cumulative Security Update for Internet

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on
and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around
(mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for
some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the
only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to
search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still didn't
work? And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
computer? Didn't have to do that before why now? So if someone can get back
to me I would appreciate it thanks!
RedSneakers

RE: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Yep me too turned off firewall and shutdown McAffe sw still not able to install

"Cumulative Security Update for Internet" wrote:

> Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on
> and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around
> (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for
> some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the
> only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to
> search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
> Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
> wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still didn't
> work? And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
> problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
> computer? Didn't have to do that before why now? So if someone can get back
> to me I would appreciate it thanks!

Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed (e.g., McAfee
Security Center) and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware
IE8?

it)?

=====================================

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB980182).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE
(e.g., KB980182), call the above number and ask to be transferred to the
Consumer IE7 queue (which is 47830).

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Or you can...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet wrote:
> Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting
> on
> and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around
> (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now
> for
> some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are
> the
> only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to
> search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
> Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
> wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still
> didn't
> work? And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
> problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
> computer? Didn't have to do that before why now? So if someone can get
> back to me I would appreciate it thanks!

daveathome

RE: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

MY update is now 'blocked startup programs'.why/how?