Same Error, Same Problem

Alisa Borek

Same Error, Same Problem
I have the same issue. My Microsoft Update failed with the same code as above. I went and downloaded the
OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe
57.5 MB
as directed and ran it. It requested the cd for office 2002, just as the update did.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Alisa

realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,If you take the full update package office should not prompt for the
21-May-07

Hi there,

If you take the full update package office should not prompt for the
installation cd this file should be around 60 Mb.

Did you check well if you took the full installer package?

Best regards,
Michel Denie

""P-air"" <"P-air"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:23 PM
cpelle wrote:

Windows Error Code - 8024002D - Windows XP Service Pack 3
Hello I cannot install the windows xp service pack 3 update because it asks
me for a Installation CD that I don't have. it says insert the Microsoft Word
2002 disk. When I press cancel it says update installation failed, error
code 8024002D. I went to the Microsoft website but they don't have any info
on this particular error code. I'm not about to pay microsoft any money for
some support, so do any guys know how i can solve this problem. By the way i
bought my computer from MDG - a computer manufacturer/retailer.

On Sunday, May 20, 2007 2:47 AM
realcestmoi wrote:

Helo There,I guess you are trying to install SP3 for MS office since there is
Helo There,

I guess you are trying to install SP3 for MS office since there is no SP3
for windows XP and refering to the error you are reporting.

If you do not have the cd go to office update site and look for a full
installer which enables you to install the update without having to put the
office 2002 cd in your cd rom drive.Just go here and choose the desired
language for your OS:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...ng=en#filelist
look for:
OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"cpellew" <cpellew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, May 21, 2007 4:44 AM
"P-air wrote:

Re: Windows Error Code - 8024002D - Windows XP Service Pack 3
I had this problem too, and still do. Michel: Well - it nearly worked. But
in the end the same error messge came up about needing to install the CD.
Being unable to get this SP3 loaded has meant my Norton update won't load
either.
- P-air

"realcestmoi" wrote:

On Monday, May 21, 2007 10:03 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,If you take the full update package office should not prompt for the
Hi there,

If you take the full update package office should not prompt for the
installation cd this file should be around 60 Mb.

Did you check well if you took the full installer package?

Best regards,
Michel Denie

""P-air"" <"P-air"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, May 21, 2007 10:05 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office SP3
Hi there,

Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office SP3 installed
or not.,

I think you better check your system on malware and viruses.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ipeline-f.aspx
Michael

Re: Same Error, Same Problem
Try starting a new thread. This one died almost 3 years ago. Sheesh!!!!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Alisa Borek" wrote in message news:201032614939borek@peoplestring.com...
> [...]
>
> If you take the full update package office should not prompt for the
> installation cd this file should be around 60 Mb.
>
> Did you check well if you took the full installer package?
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> ""P-air"" <"P-air"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> On Monday, May 21, 2007 10:05 PM
> realcestmoi wrote:
>
> Hi there,Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office
> SP3
> Hi there,
>
> Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office SP3
> installed
> or not.,
>
> I think you better check your system on malware and viruses.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie

> BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages

Tom Willett

Re: Same Error, Same Problem
Egghead alert!

<Alisa Borek> wrote in message news:201032614939borek@peoplestring.com...
:I have the same issue. My Microsoft Update failed with the same code as
above. I went and downloaded the
: OfficeXpSp3-kb832671-fullfile-enu.exe
: 57.5 MB
: as directed and ran it. It requested the cd for office 2002, just as the
update did.
:
: Any other suggestions?
:
: Thanks,
: Alisa
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: "P-air wrote:
:
: Re: Windows Error Code - 8024002D - Windows XP Service Pack 3
: I had this problem too, and still do. Michel: Well - it nearly worked.
But
: in the end the same error messge came up about needing to install the CD.
: Being unable to get this SP3 loaded has meant my Norton update won't load
: either.
: - P-air
:
: "realcestmoi" wrote:
:
: On Monday, May 21, 2007 10:03 PM
:
: realcestmoi wrote:
:
: Hi there,Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office
SP3
: Hi there,
:
: Norton not beeing able to update has nothing to do with Office SP3
installed
: or not.,
:
: I think you better check your system on malware and viruses.
:
: Best regards,
: Michel Denie
:
:
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice