Win7 non-destrutive install ???

Larry

Win7 non-destrutive install ???
Is there a way to do a non-destructive re-install of Windows 7 Professional
like there is in XP? I've been having problems with the machine locking up
at various times with different programs running. Been going on for quite
awhile. I have to power off and reboot to continue. I have finally gotten
tired of it and would like to re-install the OS without having to reinstall
all the other programs.

Thanks for any assistance.
Larry

Re: Win7 non-destrutive install ???
Windows Update has nothing to do with reinstalling Windows. Please post any
future questions about reinstalling Win7 in this forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...repair/threads

More here:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ling-Windows-7

Larry wrote:
> Is there a way to do a non-destructive re-install of Windows 7
> Professional
> like there is in XP? I've been having problems with the machine locking
> up
> at various times with different programs running. Been going on for quite
> awhile. I have to power off and reboot to continue. I have finally
> gotten
> tired of it and would like to re-install the OS without having to
> reinstall
> all the other programs.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
> Larry

MowGreen

Re: Win7 non-destrutive install ???
How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/a...fix-windows-7/

Good luck. I tried it but it bombed out and I had to do a clean install.
The *only* good thing is that the previous bombed out installation will
be saved so that your data can still be recovered from the
Windows.old\Users subfolders.

NOTE: When first prompted to reboot make sure that you *** remove the
installation DVD *** . Otherwise it will try to do a clean install and
you will have wasted 5 minutes for nothing. Too bad MS doesn't include
such info in the message window that states the system needs to be
restarted and shows the countdown to the restart.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Larry wrote:
> Is there a way to do a non-destructive re-install of Windows 7 Professional
> like there is in XP? I've been having problems with the machine locking up
> at various times with different programs running. Been going on for quite
> awhile. I have to power off and reboot to continue. I have finally gotten
> tired of it and would like to re-install the OS without having to reinstall
> all the other programs.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
> Larry

Larry

Re: Win7 non-destrutive install ???
OK Thanks. Did not know about forum.
Why not a public newsgroup on Windows 7???

> Windows Update has nothing to do with reinstalling Windows. Please post
> any future questions about reinstalling Win7 in this forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...repair/threads
>
> More here:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ling-Windows-7
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Larry wrote:
>> Is there a way to do a non-destructive re-install of Windows 7
>> Professional
>> like there is in XP? I've been having problems with the machine locking
>> up
>> at various times with different programs running. Been going on for quite
>> awhile. I have to power off and reboot to continue. I have finally
>> gotten
>> tired of it and would like to re-install the OS without having to
>> reinstall
>> all the other programs.
>>
>> Thanks for any assistance.
>> Larry