Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

xp office update

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
hank
 

Posts: n/a
xp office update
update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
Please double-check that KB number. Also tell us what error (if any) you
get when you attempt to install the update.

hank wrote:
> update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
Stefan Kanthak
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please double-check that KB number.


Why don't you do that yourself?
MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago!
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled
"How to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials to the latest version".

> Also tell us what error (if any) you
> get when you attempt to install the update.
>
> hank wrote:
>> update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.


Read the above mentioned KB article!

Stefan

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
Good cach Stefan
-=-


"Stefan Kanthak" wrote:

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please double-check that KB number.

>
> Why don't you do that yourself?
> MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago!
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled
> "How to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials to the latest version".
>
> > Also tell us what error (if any) you
> > get when you attempt to install the update.
> >
> > hank wrote:
> >> update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.

>
> Read the above mentioned KB article!
>
> Stefan
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
Page wasn't available earlier today. : + Þ

Ǝиçεl wrote:
> Good cach Stefan
> -=-
>
>
> "Stefan Kanthak" wrote:
>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Please double-check that KB number.

>>
>> Why don't you do that yourself?
>> MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago!
>> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled
>> "How to upgrade Microsoft Security Essentials to the latest version".
>>
>>> Also tell us what error (if any) you
>>> get when you attempt to install the update.
>>>
>>> hank wrote:
>>>> update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.

>>
>> Read the above mentioned KB article!
>>
>> Stefan
>>
>> .


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

How does KB2019198 pertain to "xp office update(s)"?

When (approx. date) did you install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)?

What anti-virus application was installed before you installed MSE, was your
subscription still current, and did you uninstall it before you installed
MSE?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
it)?

Microsoft Security Essentials Support Forums
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...S/category/mse

Can I install Microsoft Security Essentials to clean up my already-infected
computer?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...3-efd9a49d9275


hank wrote:
> update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-25-2010
Ǝиçεl
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
How does KB2019198 pertain to "xp office update(s)"?

Good cach Robear : + Þ + (BS) = Big Smile
-=-


Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> How does KB2019198 pertain to "xp office update(s)"?
>
> When (approx. date) did you install Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)?
>
> What anti-virus application was installed before you installed MSE, was your
> subscription still current, and did you uninstall it before you installed
> MSE?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials Support Forums
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...S/category/mse
>
> Can I install Microsoft Security Essentials to clean up my already-infected
> computer?
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...3-efd9a49d9275
>
>
> hank wrote:
> > update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates.

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-26-2010
Stefan Kanthak
 

Posts: n/a
Re: xp office update
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

> Page wasn't available earlier today. : +


[ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/ ]

Really?
Notice the "Last Review: February 23, 2010 - Revision: 2.0" on top
of that page! I've visited the page in "en-us" and "de-de" several
times in the last 3 weeks, without any problems.

Stefan

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please help - Office update error & no Office Source Engine Servic Jane microsoft.public.windowsupdate 14 07-23-2009 17:35
Windows Update failures for Office 2007 - with Office 2003 error m cwiborg microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 06-13-2009 00:42
Office 2003 SP3 Update??? I am running Office 2007 Rod microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 08-21-2008 12:25
Office 2007 takes over from Office XP after windows update Jed microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 08-15-2008 00:57
Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP! gfm microsoft.public.windowsupdate 7 12-13-2007 05:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:11.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120