MS update KB975561 won't install

Stevens

MS update KB975561 won't install
I have a pc running Windows XP Pro, sp3. Automatic updates are turned on and
all updates are being installed except for KB975561. When I try to install
it, it fails. I have manually downloaded it and tried to install it and it
tells me, 'Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check). Anyone have any
suggestions as to how to get this update installed?

Thanks for your help,
--
Mike Stevens
Shenan Stanley

Re: MS update KB975561 won't install
Stevens wrote:
> I have a pc running Windows XP Pro, sp3. Automatic updates are
> turned on and all updates are being installed except for KB975561.
> When I try to install it, it fails. I have manually downloaded it
> and tried to install it and it tells me, 'Data Error: (cyclic
> redundancy check). Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get
> this update installed?

How's your backups? Current I hope (and complete.)

I'd suggest making sure the backups are current/complete and then running a
full CHKDSK on your drive(s) followed by a defragmentation and visiting the
hard disk drive manufacturer's support/downloads web page and getting their
diagnostics utility and using it to verify your hard disk drive(s) are
running properly.

Visited this page?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975561

Done anything with this suggestion from there?
"How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

your usual support contacts."

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Ǝиçεl

RE: MS update KB975561 won't install
A reply has been made to your previous thread. Please stick with that thread
instead of starting another one.

Thanks.

"Stevens" wrote:

> I have a pc running Windows XP Pro, sp3. Automatic updates are turned on and
> all updates are being installed except for KB975561. When I try to install
> it, it fails. I have manually downloaded it and tried to install it and it
> tells me, 'Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check). Anyone have any
> suggestions as to how to get this update installed?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> --
> Mike Stevens

Re: MS update KB975561 won't install
0x80070010: Error_Current_Directory
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Is this a sudden, new problem?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975561

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB975561).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3