Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)

Amoruso3

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)
I have downloaded and installed this update at least a dozen times. It keeps
telling me to install new update when I click on the little icon on the task
bar. It shows I have installed and it goes thru the whole thing all over
again. How many times do I have to install this!?
Shenan Stanley

Re: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)
Amoruso3 wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed this update at least a dozen times.
> It keeps telling me to install new update when I click on the
> little icon on the task bar. It shows I have installed and it goes
> thru the whole thing all over again. How many times do I have to
> install this!?

Done any research?

MS10-015: Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel could allow elevation of
privilege
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977165

"How to obtain help and support for this security update

the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4

North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited
no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting
the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

your usual support contacts."

Also - look through the "Known issues with this security update" section of
the given web page.

Might also look through some archived conversations about it...
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...om&scori ng=d

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

What results do you get when you run the Fix It in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980966?

Amoruso3 wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed this update at least a dozen times. It
> keeps
> telling me to install new update when I click on the little icon on the
> task
> bar. It shows I have installed and it goes thru the whole thing all over
> again. How many times do I have to install this!?

CBClark4

Re: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)
If I wanted to research every time something went wrong with my OS I would have installed Fedora for free. People pay good money for these MS products and get nothing but these kinds of response for asking for help.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...Vista-KB977165

Re: Security Update for Windows Vista (KB977165)
No one here works for or represents Microsoft.

Tip: Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Tip: Setting up Windows Mail (in Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mi...-windows-mail/

Tip: Setting up Windows LIVE Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms...ows-live-mail/

CBClark4 wrote:
> If I wanted to research every time something went wrong with my OS
> I would have installed Fedora for free. People pay good money for
> these MS products and get nothing but these kinds of response for
> asking for help.

Welcome to the microsoft.public.windowsupdate *public* and *peer-to-peer*
newsgroup. Here you can ask questions and hope someone else has had the
same experience as you and might be able to assist you with whatever plagues
you with your computer.

This is not frequented by Microsoft employees, nor should you expect this to
be the help you paid 'good money' for (there's bad money that you pay for
things with?)

If you want assistance direct from Microsoft (the people you think you paid
'good money' to) you should do so. Contact Microsoft directly with your
issue instead of posting on a *public* and *peer-to-peer* newsgroup. ;-)

By the way - you responded to the original poster (OP) of this particular
conversation. You assume (unknowingly) that everyone that will ever see
this will see the same thing you do (an entire conversation) and that is
*not* the way these things work. Here is an archived indefinitely copy of
this conversation, which can be viewed in a 'tree view', so you can see how
the conversation progressed. One thing usually noticed is that the OP
rarely returns with more input and/or further questions and/or even a
'thanks'.

Link I spoke of:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...63c6370f0c483/

So - do you need assistance?

Did you notice that when I posted my "Done any research?" query - I also
followed it up with a direct link to the "How to get support from Microsoft"
information and quoted it in case one might be worried about following links
on a web page. I also pointed out other places one might be able to get
similar help for their issue.

If you don't like the help - *shrug* - you don't even seem to be the OP.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP