RE: Problems with windows update

Murad

"Ken" wrote:

> Whenever I used the windows update, I get this error message, "Error number:
> 0x80072EFF"
>
> May I know what went wrong? How come this problem suddenly happened only
> recently? I have been using windows XP with service pack 2 for a few years
> and this is the first time this problem occurs.
>
> Anyone know how to resolved this problem?

LD55ZRA

Re: Problems with windows update
The error refers to some network problems. To resolve this issue, verify
that there is a valid Gateway IP address listed for your network adaptor.

For W2K, XP and Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, Click Run, type CMD
2. In the DOS windows type ipconfig
3. Find the listing for your network adaptor
4. If the default gateway is blank, the value is not configured.

If the gateway is blank then you need to enter the appropriate default
gateway for your system.

hth