RE: KB829365 Install Problems

Narayana Subramaniam

RE: KB829365 Install Problems
I am the newest and latest person having the problem and posting it. I do not
think I can spend 12 hours like you on this problem. I am going to try
letting this problem remain 'pending', and let Microsoft continue repeating
the updates ending in failure till they find a quicker solution. They will
suffer as much as I do
!
March 20, 2010 11:24 a.m.

"jujujuju65" wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > 2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> > follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop,
> > please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
> >
> > After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site
> > to test the issue. "
> >
> > After following the instructions to the letter once... FAILEXThe issue can
> > be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time, let's refer to
> > the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:
> >

> > Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility

> > 1. Visit:
> > http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
> >

> > 2. Save the file to your Desktop.
> >
> > 3. Install this tool on your computer.
> >

> > Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
> >
> > ========================
> >
> > 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
> >

> > 2. Please locate any .NET Framework software and remove it.
> >

> > 3. Restart the computer and see if the problem still exists.
> >

> > For more information, please refer to:
> >
> > -----------
> >
> > Title: Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> >

> > Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301
> >

> > After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET
> > Framework 2.0 and the update for it.
> >

> > Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package and the
> > updates for it
> >
> > ================================================== ==================
> >
> > 1. Please download the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable
> > Package from the following link and save it to the Desktop.
> >

> > Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86):
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
> >

> > Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)
> >
> > http://au.download.windowsupdate.com...879819fb45.exe
> >

> > 2. When the File download window appears, please click the Save button, and
> > follow the directions to save it to the Desktop. After downloading the
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop,
> > please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
> >

> > After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update site
> > to test the issue.
> > __________________________________________________ _______________
> > After following the instructions to the letter ... FAILED!!!
> >
> > Then I tried looking for security issues, ran McAfee quick clean and found
> > 21 spyware, trojans, you name it!
> >
> > After debugging my computer, I re-installed yet again all of the .NET
> > framework versions and service packs and lo and behold, KB829365 installed !
> >
> > I just thought I'd share how I got the install to work, hopefully this may
> > help anyone else pulling their hair out over this one. (Although, I did blow

[Don't hold your breath...]

Narayana Subramaniam wrote:
> [...]

>>> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 setup file and the updates on your Desktop,
>>> please double-click the files to manually install them one by one.
>>>

>>> After that, please restart your computer and access the Windows update
>>> site to test the issue.
>>> __________________________________________________ _______________
>>> After following the instructions to the letter ... FAILED!!!
>>>
>>> Then I tried looking for security issues, ran McAfee quick clean and
>>> found
>>> 21 spyware, trojans, you name it!
>>>
>>> After debugging my computer, I re-installed yet again all of the .NET
>>> framework versions and service packs and lo and behold, KB829365
>>> installed !
>>>
>>> I just thought I'd share how I got the install to work, hopefully this
>>> may
>>> help anyone else pulling their hair out over this one. (Although, I did

LD55ZRA

Re: KB829365 Install Problems

"Narayana Subramaniam" <NarayanaSubramaniam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3ACD07C3-7264-45E5-9140-087B061F27F6@microsoft.com...
> I am going to try letting this problem remain 'pending', and let
> Microsoft continue repeating
> the updates ending in failure till they find a quicker solution. They will
> suffer as much as I do

You will do yourself justice by switching off Automatic Updates because the
updates since September 2009 aren't designed to make your system secure;
they are designed to sabotage your system so that you get fed up and of XP
and buy Windows 7.

I have not installed any updates Post SP3 and my security as water-tight as
you can have!

Listing to Pig-Bear and that German Swine is a complete and utter stupid
thing to do.

hth

LD55ZRA

Re: KB829365 Install Problems

"Narayana Subramaniam" <NarayanaSubramaniam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3ACD07C3-7264-45E5-9140-087B061F27F6@microsoft.com...
> I am going to try letting this problem remain 'pending', and let
> Microsoft continue repeating
> the updates ending in failure till they find a quicker solution. They will
> suffer as much as I do

You will do yourself justice by switching off Automatic Updates because the
updates since September 2009 aren't designed to make your system secure;
they are designed to sabotage your system so that you get fed up and of XP
and buy Windows 7.

I have not installed any updates Post SP3 and my security as water-tight as
you can have!

Listing to Pig-Bear and that German Swine is a complete and utter stupid
thing to do.

hth

LD55ZRA

Re: KB829365 Install Problems

"Narayana Subramaniam" <NarayanaSubramaniam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3ACD07C3-7264-45E5-9140-087B061F27F6@microsoft.com...
> I am going to try letting this problem remain 'pending', and let
> Microsoft continue repeating
> the updates ending in failure till they find a quicker solution. They will
> suffer as much as I do

You will do yourself justice by switching off Automatic Updates because the
updates since September 2009 aren't designed to make your system secure;
they are designed to sabotage your system so that you get fed up and of XP
and buy Windows 7.

I have not installed any updates Post SP3 and my security as water-tight as
you can have!

Listing to Pig-Bear and that German Swine is a complete and utter stupid
thing to do.

hth

LD55ZRA

Re: KB829365 Install Problems

"Narayana Subramaniam" <NarayanaSubramaniam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3ACD07C3-7264-45E5-9140-087B061F27F6@microsoft.com...
> I am going to try letting this problem remain 'pending', and let
> Microsoft continue repeating
> the updates ending in failure till they find a quicker solution. They will
> suffer as much as I do

You will do yourself justice by switching off Automatic Updates because the
updates since September 2009 aren't designed to make your system secure;
they are designed to sabotage your system so that you get fed up and of XP
and buy Windows 7.

I have not installed any updates Post SP3 and my security as water-tight as
you can have!

Listing to Pig-Bear and that German Swine is a complete and utter stupid
thing to do.

hth

Michael

Re: KB829365 Install Problems
....and to think you touch your mother in "that certain spot' with those
fingers! Tsk.....tsk....

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.