Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.

Athanas

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003.

This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or
what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is
just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at
the end of the installs.

Can anyone help please?

I downloaded the update manually from:

Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update is
still logged as not Installed!
Peter Foldes

Re: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
Did you reboot the Server after manually installing this Update which needs a reboot

--
Peter

"Athanas" <Athanas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Did you reboot the Server after manually installing this Update which needs a reboot

--
Peter

"Athanas" <Athanas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Windows Server 2003.
>
> This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or
> what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is
> just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at
> the end of the installs.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I downloaded the update manually from:

> Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update is
> still logged as not Installed!

Re: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956744

For home users (only), no-charge support is available by calling
1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB56744).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Athanas wrote:
> For Windows Server 2003.
>
> This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't
> or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it
> is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation
> screen at the end of the installs.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I downloaded the update manually from:

> Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update
> is
> still logged as not Installed!

petricahriscu