What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7

Misleydi

What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual Studio 2008
but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do in order to install VS
2008. These are the systems requirements in the readme file.

1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles

•Microsoft Windows XP
•Microsoft Windows Server 2003
•Windows Vista
Shenan Stanley

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
Misleydi wrote:
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual
> Studio 2008 but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do
> in order to install VS 2008. These are the systems requirements in
> the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

What are you 'told' when you try to install Visual Studio 2008 onto Windows
7?

What version and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) of Windows 7 do you have?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Misleydi wrote:
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual
> Studio 2008 but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do
> in order to install VS 2008. These are the systems requirements in
> the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

What are you 'told' when you try to install Visual Studio 2008 onto Windows
7?

What version and architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) of Windows 7 do you have?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

GS

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
for w7 minimum of 1 GB of ram if not more.
forgot the min requirement for processor. however you should be able to get
by with GHz.
I had one installed on a 2.1 GHz amd X64 with 3 GB of RAM
turning on dotnet feature may help.

you may have to apply all important updates as well as some updates for
dotnet framework

what was the error message you got?

"Misleydi" <Misleydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual Studio 2008
> but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do in order to install

VS
> 2008. These are the systems requirements in the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

GS

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
for w7 minimum of 1 GB of ram if not more.
forgot the min requirement for processor. however you should be able to get
by with GHz.
I had one installed on a 2.1 GHz amd X64 with 3 GB of RAM
turning on dotnet feature may help.

you may have to apply all important updates as well as some updates for
dotnet framework

what was the error message you got?

"Misleydi" <Misleydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual Studio 2008
> but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do in order to install

VS
> 2008. These are the systems requirements in the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

GS

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
for w7 minimum of 1 GB of ram if not more.
forgot the min requirement for processor. however you should be able to get
by with GHz.
I had one installed on a 2.1 GHz amd X64 with 3 GB of RAM
turning on dotnet feature may help.

you may have to apply all important updates as well as some updates for
dotnet framework

what was the error message you got?

"Misleydi" <Misleydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual Studio 2008
> but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do in order to install

VS
> 2008. These are the systems requirements in the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

GS

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
for w7 minimum of 1 GB of ram if not more.
forgot the min requirement for processor. however you should be able to get
by with GHz.
I had one installed on a 2.1 GHz amd X64 with 3 GB of RAM
turning on dotnet feature may help.

you may have to apply all important updates as well as some updates for
dotnet framework

what was the error message you got?

"Misleydi" <Misleydi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have update my PC to windows 7 and I tryed to install Visual Studio 2008
> but the system does not allow me. What do I have to do in order to install

VS
> 2008. These are the systems requirements in the readme file.
>
> 1.2. Sistemas operativos compatibles
>
> .Microsoft Windows XP
> .Microsoft Windows Server 2003
> .Windows Vista

GS

Re: What I need to intall VStudio 2008 in Windows 7
BTW you will get better answers from the dotnet studio social forum

also not sure if the w7 home editon will allow sintalling the vs 2008. the
business, pro and ulitmate editions definitely have no problem when porperly
configured